Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Widget Poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weather Widget Poll

    Should the weather widget use a basic cleaner status icon (similar to the attached image) or use the full color status image?

    14
    Use a basic status icon
    42.86%
    6
    Use the full color status image
    57.14%
    8

  • #2
    Yes
    _______________________________________________

    HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

    Comment


    • #3
      Another option is using a bg image. See attachment.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Unfortunately, Yahoo doesn't send a background image. Any coding I have to do to add support for a background image such as the one you show would be equivalent to what I would have to do to just show a basic weather icon. The main difference is I would have to gather enough appropriate weather background images and add them to the build. The icons are already packaged in the css.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wposner View Post
          Unfortunately, Yahoo doesn't send a background image. Any coding I have to do to add support for a background image such as the one you show would be equivalent to what I would have to do to just show a basic weather icon. The main difference is I would have to gather enough appropriate weather background images and add them to the build. The icons are already packaged in the css.
          I don't think yahoo would have good/suitable images anyway . If you decide to go the background image route with the simple icon, then I can find the photos for the various conditions.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sputnik View Post
            I don't think yahoo would have good/suitable images anyway . If you decide to go the background image route with the simple icon, then I can find the photos for the various conditions.
            We would need approx 50 images to match the yahoo condition codes. See here: https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/...ion.html#codes

            Basically each image would be named to match the condition code and then instead of using the URL provided by yahoo, create a new local URL and pass it back to the tile via data-binding.

            Comment


            • #7
              Can there be a "both" option Make it a user selected attribute so we are not fixed to one.
              Last edited by wposner; July 9th, 2015, 12:26 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                Can there be a "both" option Make it a user selected attribute so we are not fixed to one.
                I can envision a user selectable theme, but that won't come until much further down the road. Right now, I've got to impose certain constraints on look/feel or this will balloon beyond what I can effectively manage.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wposner View Post
                  We would need approx 50 images to match the yahoo condition codes. See here: https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/...ion.html#codes

                  Basically each image would be named to match the condition code and then instead of using the URL provided by yahoo, create a new local URL and pass it back to the tile via data-binding.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm just using the image that's being passed in JSON response from the Yahoo weather service. The metro library I'm using has the metro style Windows icons embedded in the CSS. But so far the poll is showing people want a full color image for weather as opposed to the icon. So if you can come up with some nice background images I'll include them and use those in the tile as opposed to what Yahoo is sending.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Weather Image - Too Bright/Opaque

                      Can we dim the weather image a bit? Is there already a way to do this?

                      It is currently a little hard to read any text that overlaps with the image...

                      BTW, I haven't chimed in yet... but HSMetro is amazing! and we will soon be using it in almost every room in our house.

                      Thanks!
                      Attached Files

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X