Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changed to myHS, now my devices are all hosed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changed to myHS, now my devices are all hosed?

    So, I switched to using myHS instead of the built in server. However, now none of my devices are found. Is this normal? Do I have to rebuild my whole imperihome (like 15 pages worth)?
    Thanks,
    Frank

  • #2
    No you shouldn't have to rebuild anything, unless you created a new instance of the plug-in to do the switch or unless you changed your HS3 machine name.

    In the IH app system settings did you change the url and user/password, and did it successfully found your system after that?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by spud View Post
      No you shouldn't have to rebuild anything, unless you created a new instance of the plug-in to do the switch or unless you changed your HS3 machine name.

      In the IH app system settings did you change the url and user/password, and did it successfully found your system after that?
      All I changed were the URLs and the username/password, but then it said I tried to change an existing system when I clicked finish and to add a new system instead.

      I'm already over half way recreating all my screens. It was just a hassle. I didn't think it was necessarily your fault, but as of late, you are far more responsive than ImperiHome is.
      Thanks,
      Frank

      Comment


      • #4
        So, I completely redid all my screens. and it all works locally using the new local address.

        However, I can't access anything remotely. It goes back to telling me that none of my devices are there. When I try and edit the password, I get the message:

        "You triee to connect to a different system by editing an exiting one. Please use the 'add a new system' wizard",

        but it's not a new system. It's the same system. Why would it work locally, but not remotely? I double checked my myhs password and login and it should work.
        Thanks,
        Frank

        Comment


        • #5
          So I nuked the hs3 system in IH and readded it, then redid all my screens again. It's working great so far.

          I don't blame the plugin, I blame the app for this, but at least it's working and I can now just use myhs

          Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          Thanks,
          Frank

          Comment


          • #6
            glad you got it to work.

            I will see if I can reproduce this problem next time I test this part of the IH app.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by spud View Post
              glad you got it to work.

              I will see if I can reproduce this problem next time I test this part of the IH app.
              Thanks,

              The worst part was redoing all the custom images. Luckily had most of them still on my phone. IT did give me the opportunity to re-think the layout of some of my pages, so I guess something good came out of it
              Thanks,
              Frank

              Comment


              • #8
                I remembering having to re add the devices when changing the server also.

                Comment

                Working...
                X