IH does not see Go Control Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IH does not see Go Control Thermostat

In the plugin thermostat tab I see my thermostat listed and checked. On the app it does not appear anywhere. In debugging the issue i changed the "room" of the the thermostat. In the plugin config screen it still shows up in the "old" room. How do I clear this out and start over? Seems the plugin is confused.

Clues from the log - what does this mean?

Aug-26 8:24:49 AM ImperiHome DEBUG End building cache Aug-26 8:24:49 AM ImperiHome ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSDeviceThermostat.FromDevice(DeviceClass dev) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSDeviceObject.FromDevice(DeviceClass dev) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSCache.BuildListOfAutoGenDevices() Aug-26 8:24:48 AM ImperiHome DEBUG Start building cache

Comment

Bump - anybody see this error message and know what I might do to fix it?

I'm about to delete the plugin and start over, but I have a fair amount of work into it and would really prefer not to do that.....

Thanks!

Comment

did you try rebuilding the database? did you reboot? did you stop and restart the IH plugin? spud is usually around.....

Comment

Thanks for responding!

Yes, I have tried all of those things. Still no love.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
            Clues from the log - what does this mean?

Aug-26 8:24:49 AM ImperiHome DEBUG End building cache Aug-26 8:24:49 AM ImperiHome ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSDeviceThermostat.FromDevice(DeviceClass dev) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSDeviceObject.FromDevice(DeviceClass dev) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSCache.BuildListOfAutoGenDevices() Aug-26 8:24:48 AM ImperiHome DEBUG Start building cache
            sorry for the delay, it means there is a problem when the plugin tries to translate your thermostat to the format that IH understands.

I just fixed one problem in version 3.0.0.23 available from beta section of the updater, please test it and let me know if you still have error in the logs.

thanks

Comment

Thanks - I loaded that update and it now shows one thermostat related device in the app - under actuator. It just has the current mode. No ability to adjust temperature, etc.

The config still shows the thermostat in the old room. I have moved it do a new room and it doesn't seem to be picking it up.

I do not see the errors in the log....

Comment

do you see your thermostat in the Thermostats tab in the config page of the plugin?

for the room problem, you need to do a "reload" from the IH app, restarting the app is not enough.

Comment

In the config page of the plugin I see the thermostat, but it is in the old room - that is the place it does not seem to pick up the new room. I have rebuilt multiple times with no change. It just doesn't seem to pick up on the fact that the thermostat has changed. Is there a way to manually delete that once item and perhaps force it to look again?

I performed a reload on the app many times, right now it still only has the one actuator device.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
                    In the config page of the plugin I see the thermostat, but it is in the old room - that is the place it does not seem to pick up the new room. I have rebuilt multiple times with no change. It just doesn't seem to pick up on the fact that the thermostat has changed. Is there a way to manually delete that once item and perhaps force it to look again?
                    there is nothing to delete, for thermostats the plugin does not store anything, it scans all your devices when the plugin starts or when you click "cache rebuild", so I'm not sure to understand what is your problem.
                    Could you post some screenshots of where you see your thermostat in the config page, as well as the homeseer devices representing it?

Comment

I found the problem!! The root device was still in the floor Thermostat (and hidden). I changed it's room to match the rest of the thermostat and viola! this problem is solved.

Thanks for helping troubleshoot user error.

Graham

Comment

Working...
                      X