Status changeing/not updating on IH dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status changeing/not updating on IH dashboard

Very weird sporadic problem, verified on multiple tablets and with multiple lights.

If I turn on a light via my IH dashboard, the light comes on immediately, and the switch on the dashboard shows "on". then almost immediately, the dashboard shows it as off (even though light is on). HS still shows light on as well.

Reloading devices from the IH screen also doesn't seem to help.

Wait about a minute, and the dashboard view in IH will update and show the correct status of the switch.

I noticed this about a week ago... but it seemed to go away... figured it might be an IH bug, as i'm on their beta. But today it's been super consistent.

Ran a log with Debug on. first.. not sure what the repeating device is, or how to even use "861" (e.g.) as a reference number?

You can see in the logs that at 4:08:27PM I turned the light off.
    Then at 4:09:20PM it was updated.

I'm running HS3 beta 383, and IH beta 3.0.10.

Any thoughts or next steps?
    Attached Files

Spud, any ideas?

Comment

Can you confirm that the device you turned off (Tom's side off bed) has a RefID=584?

Can you confirm that in the HS device management page, the status value was updated to 0 = OFF almost instantly?

From your logs it seems that the cause of the problem is HS3 itself because the plugin is not notified of the device value change until 4:09:20.
      This may be related to changes that Rich recently in .383: see this thread

Have you updated to this version recently? Did you notice this same behavior in a previous version?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        Can you confirm that the device you turned off (Tom's side off bed) has a RefID=584?

Can you confirm that in the HS device management page, the status value was updated to 0 = OFF almost instantly?

From your logs it seems that the cause of the problem is HS3 itself because the plugin is not notified of the device value change until 4:09:20.
        This may be related to changes that Rich recently in .383: see this thread

Have you updated to this version recently? Did you notice this same behavior in a previous version?
        I have updated and received these same problems now. I have a few virtual devices (security door window) that after a while will not update in IH. If I restart the plugin in homeseer or reload the plugin server in the hs plugin app settings it then updates and works. But no reload or reboot of the mobile device will fix it. It's something in HS or plugin side. I'm on 390 beta right now.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          I have updated and received these same problems now. I have a few virtual devices (security door window) that after a while will not update in IH. If I restart the plugin in homeseer or reload the plugin server in the hs plugin app settings it then updates and works. But no reload or reboot of the mobile device will fix it. It's something in HS or plugin side. I'm on 390 beta right now.
          When did you start noticing this problem? after a HS3 update? if so what was the previous version you were running with which you did not see this problem?

Do you experience a delay, or are the devices not updating at all?

Do the devices in the device management page update correctly?

Could you provide some Debug logs?

Thanks

Comment

I've noticed the same thing spud. It seems to happen after HS has been running for awhile, IH becomes basically unresponsive until you shut the plugin down and restart it. Something is wrong in HS .390 it seems to me. I haven't caught anything in the logs.

Comment

you are all reporting slightly different symptoms (delay, no update, unresponsiveness) so it may be different problems...

next time you see this problem, please do the following:
              - set the log level to Trace
              - from IH, try to turn on or off a simple light
              - post your logs here, and tell me what happened: has the action actually occurred, has the corresponding device been updated in the device management page? has the device been updated in IH?

thanks

Comment

Spud,

So like right now as we speak I have a virtual switch my master home/away only for myself that in imperihome on all devices it shows I'm away since yesterday at 3pm. In Homseer that device shows I'm home with a last update time 5pm yesterday. So that device is not currently updating in Imperihome on all devices right now. Reloading or rebooting any device (phone or tablet) wont change anything. Only after i reboot the IH plugin or click the reload in the IH plugin settings page will fix it.

Sometimes a few devices right now omly seems to be this one device.

Now this is a security device with no on/off action (in imperihome only) so i can't toggle that from the mobile devices as your test above requested. But i did run a trace log for a shaft bit and I'll post that along with a screen shot of IH and HS web UI showing different status even after reloading.

Device 289 is the current one in question.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by integlikewhoa; December 3, 2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

My problem definitely seems to come and go..., and is only about updating a widget on the dashboard. I can still turn things on and off and it's instantaneous. Io. See when it happens again today and posts logs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                    My problem definitely seems to come and go..., and is only about updating a widget on the dashboard. I can still turn things on and off and it's instantaneous. Io. See when it happens again today and posts logs.
                    I have that problem too right now. I wasn't sure if it was network thing or what (I confirmed IH is connected to wifi or local) but I have 5 room zoned heater/ac. Right now I click each one a turn them on or off the status changes in IH to what I commanded and the thermostat gets the update fast, but then IH chnages the status back to the old state, then 30 secs later it updates it back to what I changed it too.

It seems like its not getting the response back from HS fast enough. or as fast as it used to.

When I turn on all my heaters (5 of them) they all go on then off (only in IH)as I'm changing them then I keep staring at my dashboard and they all start going back to ON one at a time 30 secs later. They used to just click on and stay on.

If the command use to fail then around 30 sec later they would default back to off if it failed to turn on that device. It now seems to default the other way. Always show off until it confirmed that it actually turned on (which seems to be taking awhile).

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I've only tested with a light... But to be clear, the light will stay on, but the dashboard switch will revert back to looking like the light is off, then about a minute later, will update and show it on.

Comment

I've only tested with a light... But to be clear, the light will stay on, but the dashboard switch will revert back to looking like the light is off, then about a minute later, will update and show it on.
                        Yeah thats the exact same as i was describing with my thermostates but it does it with other things like lights too. That's just what i would consider a delay. Like its not getting the updated status fast enough.

But my issue above that i posted logs and screen shots is different and worse. That won't update at all until I reload the plugin. That has only happened for me so far on security devices not on off or physical switches at this point.

Comment

When you turn a light on from IH, the status in IH is immediately set to On without waiting a confirmation from the plugin. Then X seconds later (depending on your refresh rate in IH) the status are updated accordingly to what the plugin says.

So when the status revert back to Off in your dashboard, it's because either
                          (a) the status of the light in HS3 has not been updated yet
                          or
                          (b) there is a problem in HS3 that results on a delay notifying the plugin that there is a device status change.

To rule out (a), could you confirm that when the problem happens the status of the light in HS3 is set to On without delay?

Please provide trace logs as well. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                            Spud,

So like right now as we speak I have a virtual switch my master home/away only for myself that in imperihome on all devices it shows I'm away since yesterday at 3pm. In Homseer that device shows I'm home with a last update time 5pm yesterday. So that device is not currently updating in Imperihome on all devices right now. Reloading or rebooting any device (phone or tablet) wont change anything. Only after i reboot the IH plugin or click the reload in the IH plugin settings page will fix it.

Sometimes a few devices right now omly seems to be this one device.

Now this is a security device with no on/off action (in imperihome only) so i can't toggle that from the mobile devices as your test above requested. But i did run a trace log for a shaft bit and I'll post that along with a screen shot of IH and HS web UI showing different status even after reloading.

Device 289 is the current one in question.
                            For this device I see on your screenshots you have Home/Away controls. When the problem happens (i.e status not updated in IH), could you use these controls to force a change of status back and forth and provide a Trace logs of this.

I want to know if HS3 notifies the plugin of the device status change.

Thanks

Comment

Will do

Comment

Working...
                              X