Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltek
    replied
    I suspect most of us, or maybe all, have no use for "Smart City" services. I don't understand what they are trying to do with that but it seems it is EU centric anyway.

IH is a necessary evil for Homeseer. HStouch is about 100% overpriced (yes, it should be free) and not very good anyway. Only reason I have IH is because it is easy to use, and mostly works. The UI is very limited and inefficient / poorly designed. But, it is easy to setup.

If you want a very good app, use Home Remote. It is free but the learning curve is high.

IMO, in ~2 years or so it wont matter for a few reasons...

1. Voice Control will be much better and we will use that for control. We will only use a UI for admin or 'dashboard' (status)

2. Homeseer will be surpassed by other systems...
    SmartThings (if they provide 100% local processing)
    and/or
    open source apps like OpenHAB and Home Assistant.
    ... Homeseer power users will migrate to those which have much better built-in and 3rd party UIs.

Leave a comment:

• Planetview
    replied
    Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    and from HS device page you can on/off these devices? that is strange. I have x10 and zwave stuff that I can control from both places and don't have that issue... very odd...
    Everything works fine from HS3 device page. Tried with stock HSTouch on Android phone, Apple tablet and Fire Tablets. We tried beta releases of plugin, upgrades of HS3, changes to custom screens... Got it working for a short period but then it stopped again. Other problems like some devices not showing and thermostat readings were not working either.

I see the plugin is now integrated into HS3 so perhaps things work now.

I used to regret buying the software to customize HSTouch screens but now try to look at it as supporting the company even though I can't use it.

Otherwise I am very happy with my HomeSeer system.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by Planetview View Post
    HSTouch does not work for me (literally). One example is none of the on/off buttons work but the dimming sliders do. I spent six months trying to get it working on a phone and tablets with many contacts to HomeSeer during the support period of the software to customize without success.
    and from HS device page you can on/off these devices? that is strange. I have x10 and zwave stuff that I can control from both places and don't have that issue... very odd...

Leave a comment:

• Planetview
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Paying $6.00 (Guessing since 4.99 Euros) a month if this was the next greatest thing ever - only problem would be when they decide to get greedy. As TeleFragger mentioned - this sort of thing does happen.

Is this really so much better than HSTouch? Have been dabbling with HSTouch a couple of few years and it seems fairly full featured.
    HSTouch does not work for me (literally). One example is none of the on/off buttons work but the dimming sliders do. I spent six months trying to get it working on a phone and tablets with many contacts to HomeSeer during the support period of the software to customize without success.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Is this really so much better than HSTouch? Have been dabbling with HSTouch a couple of few years and it seems fairly full featured.

I use HSTouch and even the default project on my note 8.. works for me.. until I get time to figure it out (which will be in 63 years as I have no time)

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    I don't mind

Paying $6.00 (Guessing since 4.99 Euros) a month if this was the next greatest thing ever - only problem would be when they decide to get greedy. As TeleFragger mentioned - this sort of thing does happen.

Leave a comment:

• Planetview
    replied
    Originally posted by Planetview View Post
    I don't like it either and posted something in general discussion area on these forums (including a screen shot of the app notification) since it was not about the HS plugin.

Getting new users in the door is important so I like the one time fee even if it was higher and the premium features like smart cities to be optional so users who are interested pay for their development.

I bought a second "Pro" license recently in case I need it in the future. I probably won't want to pay a monthly fee in the future but may want a second system.
    The free option seems like just a trial without expiration since it is so limited IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Planetview
    replied
    I don't like it either and posted something in general discussion area on these forums (including a screen shot of the app notification) since it was not about the HS plugin.

Getting new users in the door is important so I like the one time fee even if it was higher and the premium features like smart cities to be optional so users who are interested pay for their development.

I bought a second "Pro" license recently in case I need it in the future. I probably won't want to pay a monthly fee in the future but may want a second system.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    I agree with all of this. They shoudl split the Smart City out and just have Pro add enhanced features of the app that aren't tied to services they offer outside the app.

There is no way I would pay that much for an app and even if I knew someone to recommend it to, I wouldn't do so now.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    And that's great for some of us that are already a Pro user, but I think PRO is needed for almost everyone. Without it, the App is very limited.

With that said any new homeseer user, my family or anyone I turn onto Imperihome is not going to pay 5.00 or 6.00 a month to have this APP nor would I. So this seems like a very bad thing for the life of Imperihome IMO.
    I agree. Also, how long will we be GF in? FYI there is a mechanism in app to supply feedback. I have used it in the past to request features. I used it to ask them to change this model.

I think there is opportunity for them to add smart city, while not alienating all of the smart home users.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
    At least it seems more clear that Pro and Premium are the same thing. Or that us "Pro" users will be Grandfathered in.
    And that's great for some of us that are already a Pro user, but I think PRO is needed for almost everyone. Without it, the App is very limited.

With that said any new homeseer user, my family or anyone I turn onto Imperihome is not going to pay 5.00 or 6.00 a month to have this APP nor would I. So this seems like a very bad thing for the life of Imperihome IMO.

Leave a comment:

• NickTheGreat
    replied
    At least it seems more clear that Pro and Premium are the same thing. Or that us "Pro" users will be Grandfathered in.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    I'm not sure about all this Smart city stuff either. Seems that it doesn't even apply to the USA so doesn't apply to me. So I also think it should be separate and optional.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    OK it looks like is is not quite as bad as expected:

Current pro users are grandfathered in according to Imperihome tweet. Not sure how long this will last though. I for one would be OK paying something like $10/year for them to keep adding some features. 5 euros a month is way too much. Personally, I think they should put all the smart city stuff in a subscription that can be added to Pro and keep Pro standalone.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    I took it to mean that if you had premium you didn't have to pay the monthly fee. If that is not correct, I will probably stop using Imperihome (which sucks).

I paid the $5 for premium a long time ago on a shared account so that we could put it on all our devices (and only have to pay it once). Granted, that is only mine and my wife's phones. I used to run tablets, but not so much anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X