X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwichman
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    just to clarify, what got you confused? what username did you try that did not work?

in the config page of the plugin it is written to use your myhs username/password. And myhs username is indeed your email address.
    Right.. I realize in hindsight now that this seems stupid and admit it's my fault but I usually have pretty good attention to detail. When setting up HS3 it had me create a username and password which is not an e-mail address. Most of what I was doing was logged in directly via HS3 and it even shows the username up top which in my case was just 'gwichman'. So I glossed over the fact that it was myhs and that myhs was actually a full email address as username which is different.

Unfortunately the app doesn't indicate that your problem is an authentication error. When I purposefully misstyped the password and username to see if i'd get a different error, it was always the same error. Even if I missconfigured the URL's in the app's config. And I couldn't find anything in the HS3's logs either. So i really had no way of knowing what was going on. Eventually - by dumb luck really - i noticed the myhs login was an email address and the rest is history.

I'm just suggesting a short example (username johndoe@gmail.com or something such) added to the guide would've saved me since I read the guide multiple times trying to figure out what was going on. That or if the app could actually tell you when it's an authentication error vs something else that'd be nice too but i'm guessing it can't or you'd have done it .

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    just to clarify, what got you confused? what username did you try that did not work?

in the config page of the plugin it is written to use your myhs username/password. And myhs username is indeed your email address.

Leave a comment:

• gwichman
    replied
    nevermind i figured out my problem..

username is a full email address, not just the username. as soon as i used my full email address for the username, viola. doh! would recommend modifying the user guide to show an example

Leave a comment:

• gwichman
    replied
    Weird i've been tinkering some more and now instead of asking me to authenticate i'm getting this on chrome from my PC:

{"id":"HS3 raspberrypi","apiversion":1}

IOS still seems to want me to authenticate from safari

Leave a comment:

• gwichman
    replied
    some more details in case it helps..

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368 (Linux)
    Zwave smartstick+ v3.0.1.130
    HS3 Imperihome plugin version 3.0.0.25
    IH IOS App v3.0.8

In the app when i try to configure and click next, i get the error regardless of whether my iphone is on wireless or if i disable wireless and am on cellular.

If I go to https://connected2.homeseer.com/issapi/system using safari or chrome on my IOS device (iphoneX), It repeatedly tells me to authenticate. this on wifi.

This also happens if I visit this URL using chrome from my windows 10 PC on the same wired network as the HS3. Repeatedly tells me to authenticate.

Using myhs login/pw..

Leave a comment:

• gwichman
    started a topic Error :( Invalid response from API

Error :( Invalid response from API

Deployed the latest HS3 on Pi3 with my zwave smartstick. All is working. Added Imperihome as a plugin and enabled it. Added the app to my iphone. Tried to configure and i keep getting this error. I'm stuck and not sure how to troubleshoot since there's no real indication as to what my problem is. Putting the plugin in debug mode doesn't really show any attempts to login if they're supposed to be there. I've stared at the configuration in the app compared to the HS3 and it all matches.

Any ideas?
Working...
X