No announcement yet.

Imperihome camera issue since android update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it working on my Samsung GS7. I keep delaying the update. I just pinged IH again. I'm not hopeful however.

Perhaps - and I have not even played with it yet, HSMobile might be a solution.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks. I was hoping someone had it working with the latest patches. And yeah I'll probably need to look more as HSMobile.

Comment

Hi,

First of all, I think I'm very close to having Imperihome acknowledge this issue exists. Secondly, in working with them I found a workaround, while not ideal, it's pretty damn good for me at least. Would like to see if others can get this to work.

For this I'm using BlueIris, so if your not, I have no idea how to apply this in your scenario. I've configured BI with a non-admin user, and all checkboxes under access are not checked. No other special configurations were made. Using an admin account for some reason, doesn't allow this to work (at least for me).

Then I configured the camera using the MJPEG/h264/MPEG4 IP Camera object under the 'My Objects' menu in the Imperihome Android app using the same config from the Imperihome Plug In in HomeSeer, but with the newly created non admin account. Then I do the usual add a widget -> data -> IP Cams -> Camera -> Live Camera widget from the Imperihome dashboard screen....and it works. It works on my Android 6,7,8,9 tablets/phones and on my Fire HD 8/10.

Just wondering if someone else can try this...and verify the workaround.
        Last edited by ruderthanyou; November 17, 2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

My workaround for Blue Iris camera feeds into a Imperihome page.
          Press an empty box, choose "Generic Web Page", enter url
          "http://blue_Iris_IP:Port/mjpg/CamShortName/video.mjpg?h=290"
          remove the "" quotes
          Leave refresh interval = blank
          Remember scroll position = Yes

Play with the 290 number to get the video scaled correctly for the box size you are filling....

EDIT
          More than 3 of these live feeds into Imperihome, and it brings Imperihome to it's knees, 4 feeds and nothing gets refreshed.

Comment

Originally posted by ruderthanyou View Post
            Hi,

First of all, I think I'm very close to having Imperihome acknowledge this issue exists. Secondly, in working with them I found a workaround, while not ideal, it's pretty damn good for me at least. Would like to see if others can get this to work.

For this I'm using BlueIris, so if your not, I have no idea how to apply this in your scenario. I've configured BI with a non-admin user, and all checkboxes under access are not checked. No other special configurations were made. Using an admin account for some reason, doesn't allow this to work (at least for me).

Then I configured the camera using the MJPEG/h264/MPEG4 IP Camera object under the 'My Objects' menu in the Imperihome Android app using the same config from the Imperihome Plug In in HomeSeer, but with the newly created non admin account. Then I do the usual add a widget -> data -> IP Cams -> Camera -> Live Camera widget from the Imperihome dashboard screen....and it works. It works on my Android 6,7,8,9 tablets/phones and on my Fire HD 8/10.

Just wondering if someone else can try this...and verify the workaround.
            OK, got this to work..

I had two android devices that download the camera page links from the imperihome plugin correctly and two android devices which could not connect properly.

Followed the steps above, still did not work, added the following steps;
            Under objects; each ip camera; selected "Connection mode = Force Local Mode", and selected "Local Wifi Network = Use local network defined globally; "YOUR LOCAL LAN".

Success

Runderthanyou, Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X