IH does not update Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IH does not update Icon

If for some reason HS3 stops working and I turn on a light with the light switch then when I get HS3 working the IH icon for the light says it is off and never changes to on. If I turn the light on with IH app on my Iphone then IH is back in sync. I do see IH refreshing on my Iphone so I would think IH would see that the light is now on and change the icon for the light to on but it doesn't. Is this normal or should IH update once HS3 is back up and running?

Thanks
    Jim

Current Date/Time: 8/15/2018 8:11:52 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 49 Minutes 1 Second
    IP Address: 192.168.1.27
    Number of Devices: 87
    Number of Events: 22
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Avast Antivirus Windows Defender Malwarebytes

that doesn't seem normal, IH should stay in sync with HS.
    Can you set the log level to Trace, and in the json data sent to IH can you try to see what value is sent for the specific device that is not in sync.

Comment

I would expect the root cause is that HS3 is not showing the correct status of the device, thus IH reflects the incorrect status as well. I just noticed this behavior on HS3 when I was fighting a Windows 10 update. Most of my devices are not being polled, rather relying on the instant updates to monitor states. If the device state changes while HS3 is off line, the status will be out of sync until another state change occurs. To get them back in sync you have to force a poll of the device or manually operate the device once.

This seems to match up with the OPs experience.

I think you can trigger an event on startup to then poll each device. In the case of Z Wave devices, it seems you would want to only poll the child nodes that you actually need to get in sync to reduce traffic on startup. I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet, but I suspect the info can be found elsewhere in this forum.

Comment

bear with me I am new to Homeseer.

I found the check mark to set the log level to Trace but I don't know where to find the json data sent to IH.
        How do I find the json data sent IH?

My hall light is off. I shut down HS3 to simulate a problem.
        I turned the hall light on using the switch on the wall.
        Restarted HS3 and waited 15 minutes.
        HS nor IH icon changed to hall light on.

If I turn the light off then back on either by using HS, IH or the switch itself then all is good. I guess the icon will not update until I use the device. I wonder if this is a HS3 problem?

I hope it is a bug so that way it will be fixed otherwise I can never trust the status of all my devices.

Thanks
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
          bear with me I am new to Homeseer.

I found the check mark to set the log level to Trace but I don't know where to find the json data sent to IH.
          How do I find the json data sent IH?
          From the web interface go to View > Logs

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
          My hall light is off. I shut down HS3 to simulate a problem.
          I turned the hall light on using the switch on the wall.
          Restarted HS3 and waited 15 minutes.
          HS nor IH icon changed to hall light on.
          If the status of the device in HS is not correct, the problem is with the plugin that handle this device (ZWave, Insteon, etc...), there is nothing I can do to fix that in the IH plugin.
          As smithkt said you probably need to poll for status at startup or something like that.

Comment

Working...
          X