Thermostats showing wrong temperature sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostats showing wrong temperature sensor

I got a lot of these thermostats for controlling electric underfloor heating (EU-only). The device reports 3 different temperatures: internal (air), external (if connected) and floor. Most of the thermostats only use floor sensor for operating in our house. It looks like the ImperiHome PI randomly chooses to show either the air or floor sensor as the current temperature. Is there any way to force the plugin to use the floor temperature for all the thermostats?

The Imperihome plugin use the first device it finds that is marked as Type = Thermostat Temperature, as in the screenshot below. Can you check what types and subtypes your air and floor temperature are set to?

Right now, the only way to force the plugin to use the floor temp would be to set the type of the air temperature to something else, but you would need a script to do that, or to delete completely the air temp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	temptype.png
Views:	9
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1244818

Comment

Both are set to:
      Device Type Internal Thermostat API, Type: Thermostat Temperature, SubType: Temperature
      But the air temperature is from the manual number 1, external number 2 and floor number 3, so I guess that's the problem.
      If I delete the air temperature and rebuild cache then it should work? But if I later rescan the root device and recreate all child devices it will probably fall back to the air temperature when i hit rebuild cache?

Comment

Originally posted by iceball View Post
        Both are set to:
        Device Type Internal Thermostat API, Type: Thermostat Temperature, SubType: Temperature
        But the air temperature is from the manual number 1, external number 2 and floor number 3, so I guess that's the problem.

Not sure what you meant by "number 1, number 2, number 3"?

If I delete the air temperature and rebuild cache then it should work? But if I later rescan the root device and recreate all child devices it will probably fall back to the air temperature when i hit rebuild cache?
        correct

Comment

Working...
        X