Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperihome not discovering Thermostats

Hi Spud,

I'm having a challenge with the Imperihome plugin finding Thermostat devices within the web config. It does find other devices correctly (on/off devices) and works fine with the App. I've tried refreshing, removing the plugin, removing the Imperihome* files in the directories and adding it in again all to no avail.

Here's a screenshot of the TRV Device config. It's a Stella Z - (I've got 3 currently configured in the test bed and it's not finding any)

Click image for larger version

Name:	$3F1366290B8380E2.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1252721

and a screenshot of the Imperihome config.

Name:	$45D9760FCA0B1B18.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1252720
    Here's a view of the log as it starts..........

Plugin: ImperiHome Instance: starting...
    Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
    Connection attempt #1
    Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
    Oct-12 11:45:58 INFO ImperiHome version 3.0.0.28

Attached Files

That's not a traditional thermostat and there is probley something that is not following the correct HomeSeer Thermostat API, which is why Imperihome doesn't see it as a thermostat. I'm sure imperihome sees each device individually just not as a proper thermostat group. Hopefully someone has ran into this issue and will know which device settings can be modified to follow the correct thermostat guidelines.

Comment

one problem I see in your screenshot is that the root device is not grouped with all the other devices, which indicates that the parent-children relationship is broken.
      You should try to delete the devices and re-import the thermostat.

Also I would need to see the advanced tab of the devices to check is their internal type is correctly set to "Thermostat API"

Comment

Thanks Gents, I'd just noticed the grouping and was thinking it was something to do with it. I've completely removed one TRV and re-added whilst leaving another in place for comparison - the newly added one gets grouped properly however both are showing Thermostat API as a device type. Both are identical StellaZ TRVs.

After an Imperihome plugin restart the new device is now showing so it appears that the Grouping is important. Can anyone explain how/why the grouping changes and what can be done to change it back again without having to remove and re-add ? (that workaround sounds just like Vera tbh). The relationship status highlighted below is not editable through the GUI.

Original (not working) TRV Click image for larger version

Name:	$4AC27554F95F93BD.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1252751

Removed and re-added TRV (now discoverable)..........

Name:	$71EB25F2423A111B.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1252752
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gents, I'd just noticed the grouping and was thinking it was something to do with it. I've completely removed one TRV and re-added whilst leaving another in place for comparison - the newly added one gets grouped properly however both are showing Thermostat API as a device type. Both are identical StellaZ TRVs.

After an Imperihome plugin restart the new device is now showing so it appears that the Grouping is important. Can anyone explain how/why the grouping changes and what can be done to change it back again without having to remove and re-add ? (that workaround sounds just like Vera tbh). The relationship status highlighted below is not editable through the GUI.
          I find that from time to time ZWave root devices get set to 'Standalone' when the ZWave pi starts up. It happens a lot with my StellaZs but also with a few other ZWave devices. I did report this but HS said there wasn't anything in the ZWave pi that would do that and suggested it was a corrupted ZWave database. I have rebuilt my database without curing the issue but I didn't bother to pursue it further as nobody else seemed to be reporting the problem. I built an option into one of my plug-ins, SDJ-Health, to automatically force back these route devices from 'Standalone' to 'Parent Root' so the issue doesn't really bother me anymore.

I suspect you will find that at some point in the not to distant future, after an HS3 or ZWave reboot, you will loose the grouping again on one or more of your StellaZs.

You don't need to remove and re-add the device because, as you can see in your screenshots, all the associations are still there it is just the relationship status that has been changed to 'Standalone'. This just needs to be set to 'Parent Root' which you can do with a script.

Steve

Comment

Just did a HS restart and...........the grouping is removed when HS restarts !!!!

OMG. This is primative

So basically the Plugin works using the newly configured devices fine until HomeSeer restarts and then the Plugin no longer works because the devices are ungrouped. To fix this they've got to be removed from Z Wave and re-added and re-configured once again.

Did I just write that............? in 2018 ????

It's not a Plugin issue, it's a HomeSeer issue that is probably effecting other Plugins that need the Grouping too.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveyboy View Post
              Just did a HS restart and...........the grouping is removed when HS restarts !!!!

OMG. This is primative

So basically the Plugin works using the newly configured devices fine until HomeSeer restarts and then the Plugin no longer works because the devices are ungrouped. To fix this they've got to be removed from Z Wave and re-added and re-configured once again.

Did I just write that............? in 2018 ????

It's not a Plugin issue, it's a HomeSeer issue that is probably effecting other Plugins that need the Grouping too.
              Daveboy

Did you see my post (#5) one above yours?

Steve

Comment

Steve - I've just downloaded your SDJ-Health plugin and it has indeed fixed the issue. Of course the HomeSeer bug is still there but this looks good.

Am also going to play with some of the other goodies you've got in there now too........thanks !! :-)

Comment

Gents - just a suggestion. Despite SDJ_Health fixing the pointers the issue re-occurs after another restart so it needs to be run again manually and then Imperihome shutdown and restarted to get things back to status quo....again manually.

Therefore would it be possible for SPUD to include the script as part of Imperihome's startup sequence ? Then the HomeSeer bug is masked and there would be no manual intervention required upon a restart.

Boom !

Comment

Originally posted by Daveyboy View Post
                    Gents - just a suggestion. Despite SDJ_Health fixing the pointers the issue re-occurs after another restart so it needs to be run again manually and then Imperihome shutdown and restarted to get things back to status quo....again manually.
                    You should find that it will fix the issue with each device when it wakes up so even if a restart of ZWave breaks the grouping it will be corrected the first time the device wakes. You shouldn't have to do anything manually. If the problem persists let me know.

That's not to say that it wouldn't be much better if HS fixed the problem in the first place.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X