Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INFO WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INFO WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.

I have 4 Android tablets for IH access and I utilize the Control API function to rotate the screens on a 10 minute basis.
    While this works well, I am seeing these timeouts in the logs, sometimes 1, sometimes 2 or 3 immediately after the screen rotate event run.
    Usually the result is the screen not rotating properly. I know this involves the IH PI talking to the IH app on the tablet.

Oct-22 10:19:25 AM ImperiHome INFO WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
    Oct-22 10:19:22 AM ImperiHome INFO WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
    Oct-22 10:19:19 AM Event Event Trigger "Imperihome Screen Control Home Page 30 - Daytime"

Here's how I structured my event.

Has anyone seen similar issues?
    I'm running the following code versions.

The IH app on the tablets is ver 4.2.4

Current Date/Time: 10/22/2018 10:45:13 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux KFN07 4.4.0-137-generic #163-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 24 13:14:43 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 15 Days 15 Hours 12 Minutes 54 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.2.147
    Number of Devices: 787
    Number of Events: 253
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: False
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.23: Autelis
    2.0.59.0: BLBackup
    2.0.66.0: BLOnkyo
    2.0.84.0: BLStat
    3.0.0.50: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.30: EnvisaLinkAdemco
    3.0.0.28: ImperiHome
    3.0.0.31: Nest
    0.0.0.42: Pushover 3P
    3.0.6.5: SDJ-Health
    3.0.6678.32449: UltraECM3
    3.0.6841.27363: UltraRachio3
    3.0.6702.34494: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.237: Z-Wave

Thanks,
    PCK (Pete K)
    Last edited by PCK; October 22, 2018, 01:19 PM. Reason: Added tablet IH version 4.2.4

More info on this issue.

While watching my system today, the reported timeout does not always happen, and it does not always happen to the same device.
    What I mean here is all 4 of my tablets should rotate to the same screen at the same time as seen above by my event. However various tablets do not rotate when the timeout error is posted so it appears to me that the command sent to the IH app on the tablet fails to be acted on or doesn't get acknowledged in time back to the IH PI.

spud is there a way to determine which device returns back the timeout and then respond by retrying the operation? Having this as part of the log message would be beneficial.

On a side note, it would be great if the PI had a status of the devices configured so if the device or IH app on the device was down it could be determined by looking at the PI Control API screen.

PCK

Comment

PCK , did you ever figure this out? Having similar issues now with similar event.

Comment

Tomgru, I'm sorry for the REALLY delayed response, but work has been eating me alive for the last 6 months and I'm only home on the weekends now so my time investigating any issues is very limited. Luckily HS3 v435 has been solid as a rock on Ubuntu 16.1 for a few months so I'm reluctant to touch it

To answer your question, no I have not found a resolution, things recover on the next scheduled screen roll so at this point it's just an annoyance but something I definitely need to resolve.

Comment

No worries. My event is similar in that I have all my tablets change to a view of the front door when there's motion and then 90 seconds later change the tablets back to the home screen. Occasionally one of the tablets will get stuck on the Image of the front door and not change back. I may just try your thing in kick off another event 10 minutes later that pushes all tablets back to the home screen.

Comment

My idea was to rotate the most important panels at different times of the day, for instance during the day I want my home panel, my solar output panel, and my temperature panels rotating. At night I rotate my home panel, my security panel, and my temperature panels rotating unless I'm in bed at which time I stop the rotation when I run my "goodnight" event. That way the panel won't wake up and have a bright screen lighting up the bedroom at night. I rotate them on a 10 minute basis, and I have my panels set to dim the display themselves at 5 minutes of inactivity,

I'm using Amazon Fire tablets which I have side loaded Google play store on so I can download the Imperihome APP. This seems to work very well with the occasional failure to rotate but it's not a major problem. I have about 30 different panels which allow me to control everything in the house, security, spa, lighting, hvac, irrigation, you name it.......

Comment

Finally had some time to try to debug this today... is very random. To recap:
              I have an event set that when there is motion at the front door, 5 of my tablets running IH are triggered to go to a camera view
              90 seconds later (via wait command in same event), the same 5 tablets are set to go back to the home dashboard page.

About 50% of the time, either one of the tablets doesn't show the camera page.... or is stuck there and never goes back to the home screen.

I turned on debug today and ran several times. when it failed (always only with one tablet... it looks like this, with a WebException message, although it doesn't tell me which tablet. I thought it might be the one immediately before the Timeout, but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

Apr-20 10:26:11 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.4:8080/api/rest/cam...d=IC_369_IPC_1
              Apr-20 10:26:08 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.83:8080/api/rest/ca...d=IC_369_IPC_1
              Apr-20 10:26:08 AM ImperiHome INFO WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out
              Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG OK
              Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.247:8080/api/rest/c...d=IC_369_IPC_1
              Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.107:8080/api/rest/c...d=IC_369_IPC_1
              Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG OK
              Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.15:8080/api/rest/ca...d=IC_369_IPC_1
              I'm also seeing this in the log at random times... doesn't seem to be associated with the event itself.

ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The specified network name is no longer available at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSServerCustom.HandleRequest(HttpListenerCo ntext ctx)

NO idea which tablet is throwing this message.

I've rotated tablets in/out based on need - this is not tied to a single tablet. I did have one that (for some reason) turned off wifi… and then I got the Timeout everytime as expected.

spud any thoughts here on how to approach?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-04-20 104559.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1300162 Here's the event, although I doubt this is the problem:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2019-04-20 104559.jpg Views:	1 Size:	173.5 KB ID:	1300159

i'm running version
                3.0.0.33 of the plugin.

Comment

I can add the name of the device in the error, so that you can know for which device it times out. I can also make the timeout configurable (it is currently set to 3 seconds) but I doubt increasing it would solve this problem.
                  Did you try to add a small wait action between each "View Camera" and "Go To dashboard page" action?

You can ignore the HttpListenerException you see, it has nothing to do with your issue.

Comment

In version 3.0.0.34 I fixed a possible problem with the Control API, and I added the name of the device in the logs.
                    Please test and let me know.

thanks

Comment

Thanks,...i'll report back!

Comment

Any idea when the new version will post in the beta section?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                          Any idea when the new version will post in the beta section?

thanks!
                          it's already in the Beta section, I just tried and successfully installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

it's already in the Beta section, I just tried and successfully installed it.
                            why yes it is. if I was only actually looking in the beta section :-(

will report back.

Comment

FYI, I've also updated to 3.0.0.34 and I'll report my findings also

Comment

Working...
                              X