Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INFO WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spud I'm getting this message, before and now after .34 This is with info logging.
    Apr-30 8:23:50 AM ImperiHome ERROR PollSensorDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    I'll turn on log to file, can you tell me where this log is stored and what size it will grow to? If I don't watch the size of this file it's going to fill up my disk with the # of devices I have running through IH.

Comment

Originally posted by PCK View Post
      spud I'm getting this message, before and now after .34 This is with info logging.
      Apr-30 8:23:50 AM ImperiHome ERROR PollSensorDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      I'll turn on log to file, can you tell me where this log is stored and what size it will grow to? If I don't watch the size of this file it's going to fill up my disk with the # of devices I have running through IH.
      You probably have a sensor that reference a device that no longer exist in your system. Check the sensor tab in the Config and try to find one where the device mapping is blank.

the log file is written to Logs/ImperiHome.txt
      there is no maximum size, so it can grow pretty large if you let log to file enabled for a long period of time.

Comment

My system has been working perfectly since the change!!!!!! Thanks Spud!

Comment

I agree with Tomgru, the WebExceptions have been cleared up, I have not seen any in 2 days where I was seeing them numerous times throughout the day.

I also found a couple sensors that were in IH that had blank device mapping which cleared up the PollSensorDevices error I was seeing. So we're running smooth. Thanks Spud

Comment

spud, I finally had time to re-address the Web Exxception timeout issue here, it seems to have returned, or just never left. Where is the mentioned timeout setting in the config file, I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by PCK View Post
              spud, I finally had time to re-address the Web Exxception timeout issue here, it seems to have returned, or just never left. Where is the mentioned timeout setting in the config file, I can't seem to find it.
              I have never made the timeout setting configurable. It's hardcoded as 3 seconds.
              Do you always get this error? Can you pinpoint what triggers it exactly?

Comment

The error is intermittent, in that it varies on the device and time of day. I've even tried waking up the tablet first before issuing the Go to Dashboard command thinking the tablet may have been taking too much time to wakeup. Below is a snippet of my logs showing the variability of the error.

I roll my screens on 10 minute increments and the screens sleep 5 minutes after they roll unless they are activated by motion or touch to wake them up.

Mar-08 6:51:39 PM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH2: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 3:49:05 PM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH2: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 3:09:01 PM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH2: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 1:38:57 PM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH3: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 1:08:57 PM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH3: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 12:38:51 PM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH3: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 12:18:56 PM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH4: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 10:48:45 AM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH4: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 10:18:42 AM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH4: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 9:38:33 AM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH3: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 8:18:20 AM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH2: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 7:48:23 AM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH2: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 7:28:27 AM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH3: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 7:18:20 AM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH2: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.
                Mar-08 7:08:24 AM ImperiHome ERROR Fire-IH3: WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.

Comment

spud, Got a question for you. I have both 8" and 10" Fire tablets installed running the same IH configuration file and I discovered that only the 8" tablets are experiencing the timeouts. So my question, is it possible I am over taxing the processor in these tablets, resulting in the intermittent timeouts I'm experiencing? The 8" tablets (Fire HD 8, 6th Generation) have a Quad core 1.3 GHz processor and the 10" tablets (Fire HD 10, 7th Generation) have an Octa-core 2.0 GHz processor.

If you believe this to be the case, how would you like for me to prove or disprove this theory? Would there be some debug log info that would benefit here?

PCK

Comment

Working...
                  X