Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INFO WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCK
    replied
    I agree with Tomgru, the WebExceptions have been cleared up, I have not seen any in 2 days where I was seeing them numerous times throughout the day.

I also found a couple sensors that were in IH that had blank device mapping which cleared up the PollSensorDevices error I was seeing. So we're running smooth. Thanks Spud

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    My system has been working perfectly since the change!!!!!! Thanks Spud!

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by PCK View Post
    spud I'm getting this message, before and now after .34 This is with info logging.
    Apr-30 8:23:50 AM ImperiHome ERROR PollSensorDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    I'll turn on log to file, can you tell me where this log is stored and what size it will grow to? If I don't watch the size of this file it's going to fill up my disk with the # of devices I have running through IH.
    You probably have a sensor that reference a device that no longer exist in your system. Check the sensor tab in the Config and try to find one where the device mapping is blank.

the log file is written to Logs/ImperiHome.txt
    there is no maximum size, so it can grow pretty large if you let log to file enabled for a long period of time.

Leave a comment:

• PCK
    replied
    spud I'm getting this message, before and now after .34 This is with info logging.
    Apr-30 8:23:50 AM ImperiHome ERROR PollSensorDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    I'll turn on log to file, can you tell me where this log is stored and what size it will grow to? If I don't watch the size of this file it's going to fill up my disk with the # of devices I have running through IH.

Leave a comment:

• PCK
    replied
    FYI, I've also updated to 3.0.0.34 and I'll report my findings also

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

it's already in the Beta section, I just tried and successfully installed it.
    why yes it is. if I was only actually looking in the beta section :-(

will report back.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    Any idea when the new version will post in the beta section?

thanks!
    it's already in the Beta section, I just tried and successfully installed it.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Any idea when the new version will post in the beta section?

thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Thanks,...i'll report back!

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    In version 3.0.0.34 I fixed a possible problem with the Control API, and I added the name of the device in the logs.
    Please test and let me know.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    I can add the name of the device in the error, so that you can know for which device it times out. I can also make the timeout configurable (it is currently set to 3 seconds) but I doubt increasing it would solve this problem.
    Did you try to add a small wait action between each "View Camera" and "Go To dashboard page" action?

You can ignore the HttpListenerException you see, it has nothing to do with your issue.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-04-20 104559.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1300162 Here's the event, although I doubt this is the problem:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2019-04-20 104559.jpg Views:	1 Size:	173.5 KB ID:	1300159

i'm running version
    3.0.0.33 of the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Finally had some time to try to debug this today... is very random. To recap:
    I have an event set that when there is motion at the front door, 5 of my tablets running IH are triggered to go to a camera view
    90 seconds later (via wait command in same event), the same 5 tablets are set to go back to the home dashboard page.

About 50% of the time, either one of the tablets doesn't show the camera page.... or is stuck there and never goes back to the home screen.

I turned on debug today and ran several times. when it failed (always only with one tablet... it looks like this, with a WebException message, although it doesn't tell me which tablet. I thought it might be the one immediately before the Timeout, but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

Apr-20 10:26:11 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.4:8080/api/rest/cam...d=IC_369_IPC_1
    Apr-20 10:26:08 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.83:8080/api/rest/ca...d=IC_369_IPC_1
    Apr-20 10:26:08 AM ImperiHome INFO WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out
    Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG OK
    Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.247:8080/api/rest/c...d=IC_369_IPC_1
    Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.107:8080/api/rest/c...d=IC_369_IPC_1
    Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG OK
    Apr-20 10:26:05 AM ImperiHome DEBUG CMD SENT: http://192.168.1.15:8080/api/rest/ca...d=IC_369_IPC_1
    I'm also seeing this in the log at random times... doesn't seem to be associated with the event itself.

ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The specified network name is no longer available at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSServerCustom.HandleRequest(HttpListenerCo ntext ctx)

NO idea which tablet is throwing this message.

I've rotated tablets in/out based on need - this is not tied to a single tablet. I did have one that (for some reason) turned off wifi… and then I got the Timeout everytime as expected.

spud any thoughts here on how to approach?

Leave a comment:

• PCK
    replied
    My idea was to rotate the most important panels at different times of the day, for instance during the day I want my home panel, my solar output panel, and my temperature panels rotating. At night I rotate my home panel, my security panel, and my temperature panels rotating unless I'm in bed at which time I stop the rotation when I run my "goodnight" event. That way the panel won't wake up and have a bright screen lighting up the bedroom at night. I rotate them on a 10 minute basis, and I have my panels set to dim the display themselves at 5 minutes of inactivity,

I'm using Amazon Fire tablets which I have side loaded Google play store on so I can download the Imperihome APP. This seems to work very well with the occasional failure to rotate but it's not a major problem. I have about 30 different panels which allow me to control everything in the house, security, spa, lighting, hvac, irrigation, you name it.......

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    No worries. My event is similar in that I have all my tablets change to a view of the front door when there's motion and then 90 seconds later change the tablets back to the home screen. Occasionally one of the tablets will get stuck on the Image of the front door and not change back. I may just try your thing in kick off another event 10 minutes later that pushes all tablets back to the home screen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X