Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking what screen is displaying and forcing to Home screen after Timeout period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking what screen is displaying and forcing to Home screen after Timeout period

Anyone figure out a way to do this?

Goal... Force a tablet back to the Home screen after a specific time-out period.

Methods... not sure if any are possible today, so asking.
    1. Home HS3 track what screen is displaying - use Event to send command to change screen
    2. Built-in Timeout inside Imperihome that forces it back to a default screen - I've asked for this feature request, have not seen it put in the product

any other ways I'm missing?

thx!

The only way I know to do this right now is to set an event that activates on whatever time you set using the API to push back to the home screen. You could run this every 15 minutes or every hour, but of course if you're in between those time limits it won't be on the home screen.

The other thing I do is to have a home button on every dashboard page on my tablets. So depending upon what screen you might be on August to do is push the home button and it will take you back to the home screen.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
      The only way I know to do this right now is to set an event that activates on whatever time you set using the API to push back to the home screen. You could run this every 15 minutes or every hour, but of course if you're in between those time limits it won't be on the home screen.

The other thing I do is to have a home button on every dashboard page on my tablets. So depending upon what screen you might be on August to do is push the home button and it will take you back to the home screen.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
      Was hoping there was a better way. I have a home button on each screen, doesnt help with the screen is pushed a Camera feed. I guess I'll do the Every 5 min Event thing... yuck

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

Was hoping there was a better way. I have a home button on each screen, doesnt help with the screen is pushed a Camera feed. I guess I'll do the Every 5 min Event thing... yuck
        i feel your pain. I have an motion controlled event (front door) that changes about 8 tablets around my house to the camera feed at the front door. after 90 seconds, it's pushes all the tablets back to the home page.

For some reason I've never quite been able to debug, almost always one of the tablets is stuck on a "can't read stream" page... and then never goes back to the home page. Yet it always works when I test the event.

my guess is this may have something more to do with performance on the BI server (it's a hog), and with 8 tablets hitting the stream at once, it can't serve all of them and hangs one. that said, still not sure why it won't push back the home page after.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can do it with events, check it out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
            I'm pretty sure you can do it with events, check it out.
            There is no way to get what screen the device is currently on... unless you know something we don't? Please share screenshot if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
              Anyone figure out a way to do this?

Goal... Force a tablet back to the Home screen after a specific time-out period.

thx!
              I hope I'm not misunderstanding, but in HSTouch designer, tools -> options -> project details, there is an checkbox labeled "return to the main screen after X minutes of activity". Is that what you are looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post

I hope I'm not misunderstanding, but in HSTouch designer, tools -> options -> project details, there is an checkbox labeled "return to the main screen after X minutes of activity". Is that what you are looking for?
                This is about Imperihome forum. Not HSTouch... that's a different forum section.

Comment

He had me all excited 😢

Comment

Working...
                  X