Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UI lags when adding devices

Hello,

Recently found ImperiHome and this plugin.
    Thanks! I love it.

I am about to add around 30 Door Sensors and 20 Motion Sensors as security devices.
    Also every motion and door sensor has temperature added as separate temperature device.

Everything works fine, except that now I am unable to add any more devices.
    My HomeSeer has >800 devices.
    It seems the plugin try to fill them all into lists in the web UI.
    It is getting slowly and slowly, and now, I have 18 Security Devices added, and every click on interface leads to 4-5 seconds lag, where the whole page became unresponsive.
    Does not makes sense to have my 800 device listed into 20 combo boxes.

Can I do something in order to speed it up and continue add my devices?
    Or some UI fix ?

Thanks.

At minimum, a multi select dropdown (like the default HS3 UI).
    Best would be, left side of the screen shows a tree with all devices which allows checkbox selection.

I was hoping by now we'd actually have more smarts built in to the plugin... Recognize and automatically add new devices. Even if we had to force it using a button. We have enough history to be able to know what devises normally get used and how they are added/created. Manually creating sensor and rgb devices is tedious.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a lot of room for improvements, as non of my zwave devices got recognized. Nor motion, temperature, door/window sensors.
      But it is supposed to be one time hard job, setting up the system. But even this, I can not do with current UI.

One more bug to report:
      Even I deselect all devices "enabled by default" (as I guess 99% of the people do, don't wishing to have Blind Binary Sensor On/Off to be shown as light) from time to time there are "lights" shown in ImperiHome. I should click on select/deselect checkbox of any "on/off" or "dim" devices in list and resync ImperiHome App. Very frustrating.

But please, let me know first how to to continue adding and setting up devices, workaround the multi-seconds lags on every click on the UI

Comment

I see the lags as well and have almost 2000 devices. It's a but frustrating, but have been able to live with it. Would be great to see performance improvements though.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

@chapa

I assume you are rebuilding the cache from within the plugin after adding any new devices, then refreshing Imperihome to see the new devices?

Also, there used to be a setting in Imperihome that allowed you to turn off automatic refresh of devices....made the UK much faster....you just had to remember to update manually if you added anything new...

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

I update manually ImperiHome, and than random multilevel blinds appear as Dim devices, although I was sure I deselect them in the plugin and disabled "Dimmers enabled by default".

sparkman I am sure you haven't tried adding your 20th sensor in the plugin. It will become imposible in twrms of lags.

Comment

Originally posted by chapa View Post
              I update manually ImperiHome, and than random multilevel blinds appear as Dim devices, although I was sure I deselect them in the plugin and disabled "Dimmers enabled by default".

sparkman I am sure you haven't tried adding your 20th sensor in the plugin. It will become imposible in twrms of lags.
              I have about 40....

Comment

spud please, I am about to purchase the plugin, have 15 days trial left. I would like to use it, but with these limits I will not be able to. Any thoughts or feedback about the issue will be much appreciated taking the purchase decision.

Comment

sparkman wow, you are very calm and patient man
                  how much time you wait upon a click adding new sensor above the 40th? It is 4-5 clicks, one for Add sensor, next choosing its type, choosing the device, two for entering name and location.
                  How much time it is tooking?
                  Foe me, it is more than two minutes for a single device above 20th. And delays are progressing after next device.

Comment

sparkman wow, you are very calm and patient man
                    how much time you wait upon a click adding new sensor above the 40th? It is 4-5 clicks, one for Add sensor, next choosing its type, choosing the device, two for entering name and location.
                    How much time it is tooking?
                    Foe me, it is more than two minutes for a single device above 20th. And delays are progressing after next device.
                    lol, I've never timed it, but I'm sure it's a least one minute. I'm typically multi-tasking, so am doing other things while waiting.

Comment

spud please, I am about to purchase the plugin, have 15 days trial left. I would like to use it, but with these limits I will not be able to. Any thoughts or feedback about the issue will be much appreciated taking the purchase decision.
                      I wasn't aware it was a problem until I read this thread. I will work on performance improvements this week

Which browser do you use? and on what type of hardware?
                      And on what type of machine do you run HS3?

When you first load the ImperiHome config page is it slow as well? Or is it only when you click something on the Sensor/Security Devices tab?

Comment

hi spud

Thanks for replying back.

I use Chrome, latest, on decent Windows machine.
                        HomeSeer HomeTroller S6 PRO

Yes, I notice that first loading config page is also slowed in time, after adding sensors. Now it is about 10 seconds via myhs.
                        But it is much faster than Click on + button, or doing whatever action on a sensor, when list is big enough.

I have observed:
                        1. As more the devices became, the slow down is progressive.
                        2. Remote access via MyHS is much slower compared via local lan.

Please, check on the attached image.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	network.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1277685
                        Attached Files

Comment

The initial page takes about 22 seconds to load for me. This is using Chrome from an Windows 10 Pro i5 laptop connected using gigabit Ethernet and connected to same switch. My HS server is Windows 7 Pro i7 with 8 GB of RAM.

Comment

Spud, if I may suggest, it would be great if new devices are automatically added as you do with the events with option of unflagging them if you do not want them in the list. As an FYI, it takes long time for me as well to remove, add or change a device.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                              Spud, if I may suggest, it would be great if new devices are automatically added as you do with the events with option of unflagging them if you do not want them in the list. As an FYI, it takes long time for me as well to remove, add or change a device.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                              Not sure I understand.
                              On/Off devices, dimmers, door locks and thermostats are already added automatically (assuming the devices "Control Use" properties are set correctly), but I can't add other type of devices automatically because there is no field in HS3 that tells if a device is a security device, a sensor, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X