No announcement yet.

UI lags when adding devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please test version 3.0.0.30 available in the beta section of the updater (Windows only).
    I made a few optimizations, for example each tab is only loaded when you click on it which should reduce initial page load, and reduce the overall size of the page. This probably won't solve all the lag problems, but please test it and let me know how it does before I implement more optimizations. Thanks

Comment

Thanks, initial load is now really quick. Displaying the data in the Sensors tab is now about 10 seconds, and about 8 seconds for the Security tab.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

As an FYI, I have 48 Security Devices configured and 40 Sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          As an FYI, I have 48 Security Devices configured and 40 Sensors.
          Does it still takes more than 1 minute when you try to change something on the Security or Sensors tab?

Comment

CantCwait to test it, later.
            One suggestion regarding device recognition.

In my case I have zwave blinds having binary and multilevel child devices.
            Multilevel had Open, Close, Stop, Start up/down. It can't be mistaken being a motorized device.
            Instead, I have one Lamp with On/off for the binary switch and one dimmer for the multilevel child device.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Does it still takes more than 1 minute when you try to change something on the Security or Sensors tab?
              Just added a sensor, yes, it still takes more than a minute, even if I subtract the time to find the right device in the drop down list.

Comment

Config load is instant.
                Clicking on Sensors tab leads to 6-7 delay for around 35 sensors.
                Clicking to change something (eg, Name, Group) leads to another 6-7 seconds delay. Which I think is the time to render the html. All 35 combos with same near 1000 devices.
                It is a bit better, but still an issue. I doubt I can have the nerves to add another 35 Sensors.

spud, why dont you keep the devices in some js array, or even hidden input combo, and show it on demand.
                You can then attach this prefilled combobox in the DOM where there is a need to expand it. User cant have two combos opened at same time.
                If this is the case of course.

I did a Chrome Performance, for 25 seconds. This was the time needed to do 3 Rooms renames.
                Had 21secs of scripting at 100% cpu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	imperi.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1277803

Comment

In version 3.0.0.31, in the security devices tab, I have added an edit column. Now to edit something, you need first to click the edit button on that line.
                  Please test and let me know. If that works ok without any lag, I will do the same for all other device type.
                  thanks

Comment

In version 3.0.0.31, in the security devices tab, I have added an edit column. Now to edit something, you need first to click the edit button on that line.
                    Please test and let me know. If that works ok without any lag, I will do the same for all other device type.
                    thanks
                    Thanks spud, that works great!

Comment

Thanks spud, elegant. Works for me too.

Comment

Not sure I understand.
                        On/Off devices, dimmers, door locks and thermostats are already added automatically (assuming the devices "Control Use" properties are set correctly), but I can't add other type of devices automatically because there is no field in HS3 that tells if a device is a security device, a sensor, etc...
                        I would think all devices have patterns. Example: Rgb lights have Hue, Saturation, Color Temperature, etc.
                        The plugin could auto recognize these patterns. We have enough users, with tons of devices, to be able to accurately capture these patterns. You could even create a method where we could input our own patterns (ini or something), thus testing them before releasing the pattern for community use

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

In version 3.0.0.32, I have added the Edit column for Sensors, Multi Switchs, RGB Lights, and Shutters

Comment

In version 3.0.0.32, I have added the Edit column for Sensors, Multi Switchs, RGB Lights, and Shutters
                            Thanks spud, works great!

Comment

spud lag issues are gone... love the 'edit' feature. Device 'patterns' next? ;-)

Comment

I might return to imperihome now. Would you make the next version available for linux too?

Comment

Working...
                                X