Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Imperihome Android app dropped support for HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the Imperihome Android app dropped support for HomeSeer?

All of a sudden the app doesn't seem to be connecting to MyHS. I did an uninstall and reinstall and I get "Invalid response from the API"

Anyone else having this problem?

No, (not yet at least) used it a couple of hours ago without issue. Almost seems network related.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

After the last update, I had to do a "reload" to got it working again.

Comment

Ok. I re-installed the plug-in and the app on my android phone and entered the local url to hs3 and it just spins on "Step 2-Validating". It won't connect to myHS or to the local IP.

The phone app I have is the "Old Pro Version (Android)" I've never paid for the app and it has worked for many years. Do I now have to pay to use it. Could this be the problem? My status is "activated" according to the imperihome web site.

Apparently there was an update to the android app May 15th. I think this may have broken it....?

I can get to myhs with a browser on my phone or using the IP address to my HS3 system.

Comment

After the May Android update I had to rebuild the Imperihome database in HS, then reload the data inside the Android app. Been working fine after these steps.

Comment

That makes sense. My android Fire tablets are working fine with the older version of the app. Is there a way to install the older version of the app?

HSAccord - Did you "rebuild the Imperihome database in HS" by deleting the db file and then re-enter the devices through the plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by HSAccord View Post
              After the May Android update I had to rebuild the Imperihome database in HS, then reload the data inside the Android app. Been working fine after these steps.
              Rebuild (Settings tab in Plugin) didt fix for me... still not connecting. IH connection to HS3 worked fine this morning, not now!?

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
                That makes sense. My android Fire tablets are working fine with the older version of the app. Is there a way to install the older version of the app?

HSAccord - Did you "rebuild the Imperihome database in HS" by deleting the db file and then re-enter the devices through the plug-in?
                I didn't delete it - just went to Manage Imperihome-->Cache-->Rebuild. Then on the phone opened Imperihome and refreshed the data.

Comment

I did the rebuild but don't see where I can refresh the data in the android phone app. I can't get past setting up the url to my HS3 box. All I get is a spinner that says "Validating". It will run for hours like that. It wants only a https local url too. I don't recall if it had to be https in the past but now it errors out if it's not. I posted an issue on the Imperihome web site about this...maybe we will get an answer.

Comment

I didn't delete it - just went to Manage Imperihome-->Cache-->Rebuild. Then on the phone opened Imperihome and refreshed the data.
                    You on 4.3.9? My phone is on 4.3.9 and doesnt connect but my tablet on 4.3.7 works fine. They keep breaking this when they update... very frustrating.

Comment

WOW... it started working. No clue why. I'd already (over 3 hours) rebooted Homeseer PC and rebooted my phone. And I've been on my local Wifi for 2 hours also.

Comment

Yes, I've been on 4.3.9. Glad you got it working.

Comment

Yes, I've been on 4.3.9. Glad you got it working.
                          Still has issues... yesterday it required two refreshes to get it working. Seems buggy

Comment

Imperihome doesn't work remotely for me either. Just spinning on step 2 validating however local control works fine. I did have to restore my system from a backup for another plugin issue but don't see why that would break Imperihome remote access when everything else works fine including HomeSeer app.

Any ideas why this stopped working?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bandrews View Post
                              Imperihome doesn't work remotely for me either. Just spinning on step 2 validating however local control works fine. I did have to restore my system from a backup for another plugin issue but don't see why that would break Imperihome remote access when everything else works fine including HomeSeer app.

Any ideas why this stopped working?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
                              Yup... I thought it was a problem with IH but now I'm thinking it might be a plugin issue. Not sure which.

Comment

Working...
                              X