Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imperihome on Iphone won't connect to homeseer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Imperihome on Iphone won't connect to homeseer

    Title says it all. one of my daughters has an iphone, and was working up until a couple of days ago. everyone else in the house has android and everything works fine.

    anyone else seeing this issue? deleted system and recreated it in imperihome, verified creds. still now workie.

  • #2
    here is a litte more info

    this is a successfull action into imperihome from an android phone
    Jun-19 8:37:58 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Garage Garage Door 1 Switch Set to 255
    Jun-19 8:37:58 PM Device Control Device: Main Garage Garage Door 1 Switch to Open/Close (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

    these are errors from both an iPhone and an iPad, so its definitely an apple only issue from what i can tell
    Jun-19 8:35:43 PM ImperiHome ERROR can't find id_open/close control for device 247
    Jun-19 8:33:28 PM ImperiHome ERROR can't find id_open/close control for device 247
    Jun-19 8:34:17 PM ImperiHome ERROR can't find id_open/close control for device 247

    Comment


    • #3
      Imperihome suddenly stopped working for me on my iPhone sometime after June 17 (I was on vacation; still doesn't work now that I'm home on the LAN). I've always only used local access since I use a VPN into my home network. I've restarted HS3 multiple times and disabled/re-enabled Imperihome; and restarted Windows 10. When I try to validate in the Imperihome iOS app, it says "Error Invalid response from API". I don't see anything in the HS3 logs at all (except that the plugin starts up OK).

      When I go to this URL http://IPADDRESS:PORT/issapi/system from the same computer running HS3, the browser returns:
      {"id":"[HS3 computer name]","apiversion":1}

      But when I try that URL from another computer on the LAN, there's no response. I checked the Windows firewall settings and don't see anything. I haven't installed any Windows updates recently (again, I was on vacation and Imperihome was working earlier during my vacation but then it just stopped working). On another Android thread, someone mentioned rebuilding the cache from within the plugin - but that didn't do anything for me.

      I mainly use the iOS Imperihome v3.0.8 app on my iPhone but I also saw it wasn't working on my iPad with Imperihome 4.3.3.
      Last edited by fcol; June 23rd, 2019, 04:48 PM. Reason: Edit: Added that I also tried restarting Win10

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fcol View Post
        When I go to this URL http://IPADDRESS:PORT/issapi/system from the same computer running HS3, the browser returns:
        {"id":"[HS3 computer name]","apiversion":1}

        But when I try that URL from another computer on the LAN, there's no response. I checked the Windows firewall settings and don't see anything. I haven't installed any Windows updates recently (again, I was on vacation and Imperihome was working earlier during my vacation but then it just stopped working). On another Android thread, someone mentioned rebuilding the cache from within the plugin - but that didn't do anything for me.

        I mainly use the iOS Imperihome v3.0.8 app on my iPhone but I also saw it wasn't working on my iPad with Imperihome 4.3.3.
        If you can't access this url from another computer on the LAN, it means something is blocking it on your HomeSeer machine. Disable any firewall and anti virus.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is something going on. Iphone works fine, but Ipad that is rarely used now says Device not found. Weather info loads correctly on Ipad.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by spud View Post

            If you can't access this url from another computer on the LAN, it means something is blocking it on your HomeSeer machine. Disable any firewall and anti virus.
            I figured out my problem. My HS3 Win10 computer's network profile somehow changed from "Private" to "Public." And under "Public," the firewall settings were tighter (i.e., blocked the port for Imperihome). My fix was to go to Win10 Settings-Network Status-Change Connection Properties, and then switch from Public back to Private.

            Comment

            Working...
            X