Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create Volume slider

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Create Volume slider

    I'm running the BLDenon PI, and would like the volume control to show up in IH as a dimmer/slider, like it does on the device management page.

    Any ideas on how I might do this to show up in IH to use on a dashboard?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-05 074406.png
Views:	233
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1319314

  • #2
    In HS,
    set the "Control Use" field of the slider control to "Dim"
    and set the "Control Use" field of the 2 other buttons to "On" and "Off". even if does not make much sense but this is needed for the plugin to recognize the device as a dimmer
    then click Cache: Rebuild in the config page. The volume device should then appear as a dimmer device.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by spud View Post
      In HS,
      set the "Control Use" field of the slider control to "Dim"
      and set the "Control Use" field of the 2 other buttons to "On" and "Off". even if does not make much sense but this is needed for the plugin to recognize the device as a dimmer
      then click Cache: Rebuild in the config page. The volume device should then appear as a dimmer device.
      Worked awesome for the volume. Any way to get the on/off button that you also get in the IH dashboard widget to work as well?

      thanks Spud!

      Comment


      • #4
        Bump spud spud...any way to get the on/off part of the widget to work as well?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          Bump spud spud...any way to get the on/off part of the widget to work as well?
          Do you mean you want the on/off button to mute/umute the audio?
          If so you would need to have one device with both the volume slider, and the mute/unmute controls, because the plugin can only match one dimmer widget in IH to one device in HS.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by spud View Post

            Do you mean you want the on/off button to mute/umute the audio?
            If so you would need to have one device with both the volume slider, and the mute/unmute controls, because the plugin can only match one dimmer widget in IH to one device in HS.
            no... i'm actually wanting the on/off button on the widget to actually turn the receiver on/off, while the slider (in same widget) controls the volume.

            right now, the slide works, but the on/off rocker button does nothing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey... coming back to this after some time.

              spud I think it get it. because the Volume is a separate device from Z1Power (standby/on), I can't have power and volume as part of the same IH widget.

              The problem is, using your fix above, I get a IH light/dimmer widget where the slider works the volume perfectly... but the on/off button does nothing. If I can't program that to actually map to the on/standby Z1Power device, can I at least have a dimmer widget in IH that has the slider but NOT the on/off button?

              Comment


              • #8
                spud ? Anyone? Bueller? 😀

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                  Hey... coming back to this after some time.

                  spud I think it get it. because the Volume is a separate device from Z1Power (standby/on), I can't have power and volume as part of the same IH widget.

                  The problem is, using your fix above, I get a IH light/dimmer widget where the slider works the volume perfectly... but the on/off button does nothing. If I can't program that to actually map to the on/standby Z1Power device, can I at least have a dimmer widget in IH that has the slider but NOT the on/off button?
                  Unfortunately I don't think ImperiHome as a dimmer widget with only a slider (maybe you can try to ask them as a feature request)
                  You could configure your device as a shutter instead of a dimmer, but I guess you will have the same problem as a shutter needs to map controls for stop, open and close.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok....thanks

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X