Create Volume slider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create Volume slider

I'm running the BLDenon PI, and would like the volume control to show up in IH as a dimmer/slider, like it does on the device management page.

Any ideas on how I might do this to show up in IH to use on a dashboard?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-05 074406.png
Views:	518
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1319314

In HS,
    set the "Control Use" field of the slider control to "Dim"
    and set the "Control Use" field of the 2 other buttons to "On" and "Off". even if does not make much sense but this is needed for the plugin to recognize the device as a dimmer
    then click Cache: Rebuild in the config page. The volume device should then appear as a dimmer device.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      In HS,
      set the "Control Use" field of the slider control to "Dim"
      and set the "Control Use" field of the 2 other buttons to "On" and "Off". even if does not make much sense but this is needed for the plugin to recognize the device as a dimmer
      then click Cache: Rebuild in the config page. The volume device should then appear as a dimmer device.
      Worked awesome for the volume. Any way to get the on/off button that you also get in the IH dashboard widget to work as well?

thanks Spud!

Comment

Bump spud spud...any way to get the on/off part of the widget to work as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          Bump spud spud...any way to get the on/off part of the widget to work as well?
          Do you mean you want the on/off button to mute/umute the audio?
          If so you would need to have one device with both the volume slider, and the mute/unmute controls, because the plugin can only match one dimmer widget in IH to one device in HS.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Do you mean you want the on/off button to mute/umute the audio?
            If so you would need to have one device with both the volume slider, and the mute/unmute controls, because the plugin can only match one dimmer widget in IH to one device in HS.
            no... i'm actually wanting the on/off button on the widget to actually turn the receiver on/off, while the slider (in same widget) controls the volume.

right now, the slide works, but the on/off rocker button does nothing.

Comment

Hey... coming back to this after some time.

spud I think it get it. because the Volume is a separate device from Z1Power (standby/on), I can't have power and volume as part of the same IH widget.

The problem is, using your fix above, I get a IH light/dimmer widget where the slider works the volume perfectly... but the on/off button does nothing. If I can't program that to actually map to the on/standby Z1Power device, can I at least have a dimmer widget in IH that has the slider but NOT the on/off button?

Comment

spud ? Anyone? Bueller? 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                  Hey... coming back to this after some time.

spud I think it get it. because the Volume is a separate device from Z1Power (standby/on), I can't have power and volume as part of the same IH widget.

The problem is, using your fix above, I get a IH light/dimmer widget where the slider works the volume perfectly... but the on/off button does nothing. If I can't program that to actually map to the on/standby Z1Power device, can I at least have a dimmer widget in IH that has the slider but NOT the on/off button?
                  Unfortunately I don't think ImperiHome as a dimmer widget with only a slider (maybe you can try to ask them as a feature request)
                  You could configure your device as a shutter instead of a dimmer, but I guess you will have the same problem as a shutter needs to map controls for stop, open and close.

Comment

Ok....thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X