Nest Protect device(s) inclusion into ImperiHome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Protect device(s) inclusion into ImperiHome

Dumb question, how can one include their Nest Protect devices to show up as ImperiHome devices. I thought that one would simply define it within the Plug-in under the sensor tab but the only sensor value shown is C02 but not Smoke any suggestion or hints would be greatly appreciated. Mike
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

From the "security devices" tab in the Config page, you can create a "smoke sensor" with Ok/Alarm status

Comment

Spud, again many thanxs I would not have thought of going into security devices but don't care as long as I have both Smoke and C02 sensors available, Mike

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Spud, not to beat a dead horse! I was able to get both the Nest Protect Smoke and C02 sensors to be available at the Plug-in but when I add them within the ImperiHome app all I get is an appropriate icon with "2018 years ago" under beneath the icon I would have thought I would see either "OK" for OK: or "Warning" for Alarm: what am I missing? Mike

Comment

After looking at the various Nest devices it seems that for some reason the ImperiHome app is only displaying last changed date rather than current state is there somehow to rectify that? Mike

Comment

bump..

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
              After looking at the various Nest devices it seems that for some reason the ImperiHome app is only displaying last changed date rather than current state is there somehow to rectify that? Mike
              what do you see exactly, can you post a screenshot?

I just tested this in the IH app on Android. In dashboard view it displays a different icon if the sensor is in Alarm or Ok, in list view you can see the icon and the text Alarm! or OK

Comment

Spud, sorry for the delay life got in the way! I took two pictures of my IH app, one is the icon and the other is the C02 Infor screen also I added a copy of my IH Security Devices plug-in screen re the protect devices, if there is some else please don't hesitate. Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                    Spud, sorry for the delay life got in the way! I took two pictures of my IH app, one is the icon and the other is the C02 Infor screen also I added a copy of my IH Security Devices plug-in screen re the protect devices, if there is some else please don't hesitate. Mike
                    I see nothing wrong in your screenshot except the "2018 years ago" but I guess this is because the device doesn't have a last change date ?
                    IH will not show a OK/Alarm text status, it will just show a different icon (building with red flames flashing) when it is in Alarm state.

Comment

Spud, thanxs for the comeback. Understand that the OK/Alarm changes the icon, looking at the last change date there're all blank I would have thought that they too would be blank unless they have tripped either via test or actual smoke or C02 event is there someway of turning them off as the year doesn't conveying anything would be nice to have Month, Day year value? Mike

Comment

Please test version 3.0.0.38 available in the beta section of the updater. In this version the plugin does not send any last tripped date when the last change date of the device is blank.

Comment

Spud, Many thanxs for the update, works like a champ and looks better (no 2018 year ago) ! Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X