Problem: Switch & Dimmer Status always wrong but controls work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem: Switch & Dimmer Status always wrong but controls work

Dimmers and switches always show ON, not matter what the state. Control from IH does work (pressing icons turns light on/off/dim) but the status is always ON, thus usually wrong.

In Homeseer Mobile, status is always correct.

All other devices (status text, sensors, etc) are working fine.

I have tried rebuilding cache several times and I'm not seeing any errors in the Debug log.

help please

what version of the plugin are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      what version of the plugin are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

there isn't a version 3.0.0.67 for ImperiHome plugin, you must be confused with the EasyTrigger plugin

Comment

there isn't a version 3.0.0.67 for ImperiHome plugin, you must be confused with the EasyTrigger plugin
          Apologies... was 3.0.0.37, then after your post today I installed 3.0.0.38 ... same problem

Comment

I can't reproduce the problem but another user reported the same kind of problem with the beta version. Could you set the log level to Trace, control a On/Off device from IH a few times and then send me the logs?

Then please reinstall the release version from updater (3.0.0.34) and tell me if you still see the problem.

thanks

Comment

I can't reproduce the problem but another user reported the same kind of problem with the beta version. Could you set the log level to Trace, control a On/Off device from IH a few times and then send me the logs?

Then please reinstall the release version from updater (3.0.0.34) and tell me if you still see the problem.

thanks
              logs attached. (btw, can you add a button in the plugin config to save logs locally? total PITA to remote in to the server to copy over log files - I sure hope HS4 fixes many of the 20 year old ways it does things)

BTW - How to install older version (I dont have a copy to install manually). I didnt know HS3 had a way to do that other than manually?
              Attached Files

Comment

logs attached. (btw, can you add a button in the plugin config to save logs locally? total PITA to remote in to the server to copy over log files - I sure hope HS4 fixes many of the 20 year old ways it does things)

BTW - How to install older version (I dont have a copy to install manually). I didnt know HS3 had a way to do that other than manually?
                thanks for the logs, unfortunately I wasn't able to find the cause of the problem. I added some more debug logs in version 3.0.0.39 that should help me to understand what is going on. Could you install it (it's in the beta section of the updater) and do the same test?

you can then reinstall version 3.0.0.34 from the updater by going to the "User Interfaces" section.

Comment

thanks for the logs, unfortunately I wasn't able to find the cause of the problem. I added some more debug logs in version 3.0.0.39 that should help me to understand what is going on. Could you install it (it's in the beta section of the updater) and do the same test?

you can then reinstall version 3.0.0.34 from the updater by going to the "User Interfaces" section.
                  attached trace log: at first, the log is when using beta .39 ... then I installed .34 and ran the same light on/off. Trace has both versions in it.

.34 works as expected, in function and on screen
                  .38 & .39 works in function, on screen always show lights as on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

attached trace log: at first, the log is when using beta .39 ... then I installed .34 and ran the same light on/off. Trace has both versions in it.

.34 works as expected, in function and on screen
                    .38 & .39 works in function, on screen always show lights as on.
                    thanks, could you post a screenshot of the "Status Graphics" tab of the device Office Lights #ref=44?

Comment

thanks, could you post a screenshot of the "Status Graphics" tab of the device Office Lights #ref=44?
                      attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

The problem is that this device has 2 different controls with the same Off "Control Use". I think that having 2 controls with the same "Control Use" value does not make much sense.
                        What plugin did create this device? Is it ISYInsteon? I have to contact the developer to discuss this with him

That being said in version 3.0.0.40, I changed the plugin so that it behave like version < 3.0.0.36, so it should work like before, but it kind of work by chance.

Comment

.40 seems to have fixed this for me. My issue was also with ISYInsteon created devices.
                          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
                          X