Fire an event and then start an app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire an event and then start an app?

So I would like to first fire an event thru this plug-in, and after this start an app on my tablet. The idea is to change input on my media system to movie, and the start the Dune app to select and control the movie playback... Is this doable?

Not sure , but you might look into Tasker (android app) to do what you want.

for me, I'd just great a dashboard IH widget that jumps to the app....click that after you fire your event.

Comment

You can add a shortcut to the app in the same pane in imperihome. Essentially you would have to tap twice, but it is a start. Also as mentioned, there is tasker.

Comment

I think it would be great if spud would be able to add a start of app over the Control API from HS Events..?

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
          I think it would be great if spud would be able to add a start of app over the Control API from HS Events..?
          Spud doesn't write the app on the phone/tablet, so if it does not have the functionality to start another app, then there's nothing he can do.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Well that part I am referring to, is actually inside HS3 - and I would guess inside the plugin. I am not aware of the limitation on the Control API part, so I might be wrong here. But I think this is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
              Well that part I am referring to, is actually inside HS3 - and I would guess inside the plugin. I am not aware of the limitation on the Control API part, so I might be wrong here. But I think this is possible.
              sparkman is right, there is no such thing in the Control API to start an app
              http://dev.evertygo.com/api/local

Comment

I stand corrected. Thanks!

Bummer I really need to make a macro kind of function style button.

Comment

Working...
                X