ImperiHome HS3/HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImperiHome HS3/HS4

Hi Spud, you indirectly answered it already, but I've been waiting to make plugin purchases until after Thanksgiving.

Just wanted to confirm that buying your HS3 plugin for ImperiHome "now" will results in free HS4 plugin whenever it eventually releases.

And congratulations again for getting hired by HomeSeer. Just wondering if you will still feel the appetite to work on your personal plugins in your free time after a long day at work dealing with HomeSeer and their plugins At the same time you probably been managing a job elsewhere alongside these plugins already, as it is not exactly an income generating business to live on from what I've gathered by forum discussions from other developers. This way you'll probably gain increased insight at work to make it easier to work on your own plugins.

Wasn't even planning on using ImperiHome for HS, but used it for 6+ years on Vera3 and I just won't have the time to create a custom HSDesigner on short notice, so need something temporary this winter to avoid a revolt by the other occupants who want to control home on their mobile devices.

Final question: with Vera the switch between local/LAN and remote/WAN control always went seamless, and I'm taking a wild assumption that you probably made that work for HomeSeer as well via myHS. Do you however support other options as well that avoid myHS? If all fails I can just force it via VPN, but wondering what your views are.

I confirm that if you buy the ImperiHome plugin now (or any other of my plugin) you will get 1 license for the HS3 version and 1 free license for the HS4 version.

Regarding the IH plugin, there is 2 way to configure it: either you use the HS web server in which case you can use MyHS to access your HS system from the IH app or you can let the plugin create its own web server which gives you more flexibility (user defined port, user/password, https, etc...)

Comment

Then after turkey has been consumed and I've had my tryptophan nap, you'll have another purchase on the way

Out of curiosity, for your own setup, do you use myHS, the plugin-web-server, or did you kill remote access?

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
        Then after turkey has been consumed and I've had my tryptophan nap, you'll have another purchase on the way

Out of curiosity, for your own setup, do you use myHS, the plugin-web-server, or did you kill remote access?
        myHS, but I rarely use the IH app remotely

Comment

Working...
        X