! Error: Invalid response from API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

! Error: Invalid response from API

I've had Imperihome Premium working fine on two Android phones for over a year. Recently switched to new Pixel 4 phones, and set things up. Still continued to work fine.

Yesterday both phones began failing to update Homeseer via Tasker, using Imperihome. Went into Imperihome and everything is blank.

I've tried:
    1) Clearing cache
    2) Clearing storage
    3) Uninstall/reinstall
    4) Re-setting up the connection.
    5) Stopping and restarting Imperihome.
    6) Rebuilding the Imperihome database.
    7) Tried using connected11 instead of connected 2, as I've seen in other threads.

Nothing works.

When trying to set up the connection (I have two homeseer instances in different locations) I receive the "!Error: Invalid response from API" message.

myhs works fine, google assistant can connect, and the Homeseer Mobile and Touch apps all work. Just Imperihome continues to fail.

I've checked the Public/Private network on the HS server (Win 10 pro) and since I'm using a wired ethernet connection, it's set to Private. I've turned off Windows Firewall (which had been working fine for over a year) and no results.

What could be wrong? The other thread that lists a similar problem had no resolution, just a mysterious (it works now), and the connected11 trick worked there. It doesn't work here.

Same here. It just stopped working about the same time. Anyone else having issues? Spud, any suggestions?

Comment

Well that was sort of easy to fix the local side. I shutdown Homeseer, then restarted it again, then I clicked in the Imperihome plugin on Homeseer under settings to rebuild. Then I went into the Imperihome app and reloaded the app, went back to My Objects and noticed my Configured Objects was repopulated with all of my devices. All is good so far. However, the remote side still gives me an error message ! Error: Invalid response from API

Don't know what to do.

Steve

Comment

So yesterday I saw the other thread about connected2 and connected11 not working, and suggesting that connected22 now worked.

Sure enough, I set up the objects using Connected22 and they both work.

Ugh, this is not sustainable if the Imperihome connectivity is broken so easily due to flakiness with the myhs connectivity.

I've since changed Tasker to use the HTTP commands directly with HS, so when I'm on the network it interacts directly. For remote access when off-network I've set up something else, and will no longer have to rely on Imperihome for this.

Comment

Is it still working for you. I tried it remotely just now and still get the error message. I put this in my Remote URL: https://connected22.homeseer.com/issapi
          I am wondering if it won't connect to Homeseer's Imperihome because the External API Base URL says: https://connected2.homeseer.com/issapi

Comment

AFAIK you're not supposed to connect directly to connected22 or connected11, you are supposed to always use connect2 which is a traffic manager that redirects to the correct server, but obviously there is something not working with that. I have notified Rich about this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              AFAIK you're not supposed to connect directly to connected22 or connected11, you are supposed to always use connect2 which is a traffic manager that redirects to the correct server, but obviously there is something not working with that. I have notified Rich about this problem.
              Yeah, that would totally make sense that connected2 is load balanced across other nodes, but something was still wrong for several days. Connected2 worked from a browser but not Imperihome. Either way, I'm through having to rely on Imperihome.

Comment

Spud:

It is working again. Rich reset the server and all is well.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                X