No announcement yet.

Multiple Instances of Imperihome Plugin - Determine which instance it came from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Instances of Imperihome Plugin - Determine which instance it came from

As the title says, i have multiple instances of the IH plugin running and would like to know which instance is controlling a device? is there a way to do that without using an event to control the device?

So for instance, i have a garage door that i can control through IH, and it's setup in all instances. I would like to log which instance is opening or closing the garage door based on the IH instance. I'm guessing this probably isn't possible, but thought i would ask the experts.

Thanks

Just curious, why do you have multiple instances running? I run once instance, that connects to 8 devices like tablets...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
      Just curious, why do you have multiple instances running? I run once instance, that connects to 8 devices like tablets...
      I'm only guessing here..... But the main reason people do it is to allow certain users access to certain things.

Each instance of the plugin allows you to setup which devices are seen in the imperihome app. Yours probley has access to everything right now. If you have a kid or rent a guest house or something you might want to create another instance and only check the devices you might want them to control without giving them access every device.

Comment

I'm also confused on his question. I have often wondered myself which "DEVICE" has triggered or turned on something. I swear my father was pushing the wrong buttons or fat fingering things on his phone but he denied it. I had no proof if he was the one turning things on or another device or if it was his theory..... It was a Ghost.

So I'm not sure if the OP ment which "Instance" or which "Device".

But I think if you have a way of knowing which device turned it on, that would also tell you with more detail which instance of the plugin was used. So I would probably prefer Device over Instance if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          I'm also confused on his question. I have often wondered myself which "DEVICE" has triggered or turned on something. I swear my father was pushing the wrong buttons or fat fingering things on his phone but he denied it. I had no proof if he was the one turning things on or another device or if it was his theory..... It was a Ghost.

So I'm not sure if the OP ment which "Instance" or which "Device".

But I think if you have a way of knowing which device turned it on, that would also tell you with more detail which instance of the plugin was used. So I would probably prefer Device over Instance if possible.
          +1

Comment

Working...
          X