Unable to add device to iPhone app, app just crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add device to iPhone app, app just crashes

I've been an Imperihome user for years now; love the product and the flexibility I have with creating my own button controller dashboards.

However, just recently I noticed I am unable to add a new device to a page. I can select a generic widget and that works, but trying to select either a "service widget" or "device widget" crashes the app.

I tried to upgrade my HS plug in to the latest version, rebuild the database, and then relaunch the app but it didn't help.

The iPhone app is version 4.4.2

I'm happy to send debug logs if that would help.

Oh also, I'm on an iphone 7 running iOS 13.3.1

Comment

if it's the ImperiHome app that crash, you should contact IH support, not much I can do here...

Comment

I have the same issue and have reported it to IH through the beta versions (they allow you to send in a report when it crashes), but none of the beta versions released since then have addressed it.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

This seems to still work for me on android...just tested

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            This seems to still work for me on android...just tested
            Must be an iPhone only issue then.

Comment

By the way, a warning to folks if you are experiencing this problem DO NOT DELETE THE APP and start over, which is what I tried to do in case there was some other issue with the app itself.

I backed up my config on to the server and deleted and reinstalled the app.

Now it won't even try to connect to HS3; when selecting "configure a smart home system" it crashes. Dead in the water at this point.

So now I figured I'd try to install it on my android pixel 3 and I'm stuck at the "Invalid Response from the API" step and the forums don't seem to have the answer for me.

Big bummer because I really relied on this setup extensively.

I'm going to give up for now and go ahead and see about trying to get HS4 installed and hopefully their new mobile app will work out for me.

Comment

dmcentire. Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately their current beta version expires in 13 days, so unless they release a new beta version before then, I have to uninstall it and install the released version so I may be in the same boat as you soon.😬

spud I know you are likely neck deep in HS4 development, but do you have time to replicate this issue and reach out to the IH developers?

Thanks
                Al

Comment

Thanks, well at this point I'm just trying to get the "MyHS", "Homeseer Mobile App", and the myhs website working and it says "Homeseer is not running" even though logs show it connects to the myHS system successfully with my license.

It's just not my night to get anything mobile working; I'm going to call it a night and play some PS4 games for a while :-)

Comment

I should add HS3 mobile stuff, not even HS4. Didn't realize it's still in beta.

Comment

Same problem mobile app crash im on iphone 11 pro

Comment

Any update here? I tried to install IH and I cannot configure. The app just crashes.

Comment

Hello
                          Same problem on my Iphone 8, still I can delete app and reistall on my old Ipad...
                          Asked for help from Imperihome but no answer. I have a pro lisence .

Comment

I am having the same problem on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I reached out to the Developer but never received a response. Kinda sucks when you get no support for something you paid for.

Jim

Comment

I have reproduced the crash with version 4.4.2 for iOS. It crashes as soon as I try to add a new system, so I can't even configure the connection to HS.
                              I've just sent an email to IH support. I will let you know in this thread if I get any answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X