Imperihome Alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperihome Alternative?

I was wondering what people are now using instead of IH? I am hoping HS4 will have a new mobile app that will be quite good but until then what are people doing?

What is your new app?
    Do you like it?
    Does it have the features you need?
    Please share some screen shots.

I am using HS Touch, it is quite powerful since you can customize it the way you want..... the bad thing about it is that the templates are so outdated, and looks old, so you need to create things from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamr View Post
      I was wondering what people are now using instead of IH? I am hoping HS4 will have a new mobile app that will be quite good but until then what are people doing?

What is your new app?
      Do you like it?
      Does it have the features you need?
      Please share some screen shots.
      IH works fine for me on Android. No reason to switch until something better is out. I have an extensive IH setup that I've prob spent 10 hours on. If I did it in HSTouch it woud have take 50-60 hours as HTS is just not user friendly, not easy.

HSbuddy app is coming along nicely so if I switch, it will likely be to that.

btw, hoping HS4 will solve this just shows you're new here ;-) ... Homeseer has not improved much in nearly 10 years. It works, and works well but at this point they are the grandpa that has taught you much but you know is so set in their old ways of doing things it will never change, then they pass-away.

Comment

Is it possible to have this working with homeseer Sharptools. Works perfect with Smart things and Hubitat, and looks nice...

//jens

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Baxe View Post
          Is it possible to have this working with homeseer Sharptools. Works perfect with Smart things and Hubitat, and looks nice...

//jens

Ask Sharptools. Far as I know they do not support HS3. Plus, not a fan of it being web based. Not inline with the reason to have a completely local HA system.

There are other ways to build dashboards using free MQTT dashes but too much work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Baxe View Post

//jens

@ 30 bucks a year.. Not in my budget. I feel like my wallet is being whittled away, little by little with all these SAAS companies now.

HSBuddy looks real promising.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

@ 30 bucks a year.. Not in my budget. I feel like my wallet is being whittled away, little by little with all these SAAS companies now.

HSBuddy looks real promising.
              Yes agree it’s starting to get real good

Comment

Did hsbuddy had significant change lately? I know there was some chat on the forum about the plugin.

Comment

I have just loaded it and tried it. My first impression is that it is a good alernative to IH. I haven't played much with it, but sure looks promising... I'm not that much in a rush since my IH still works fine. Just getting ready for when the switch is thrown...
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

There is also a new alternative that has recently came to the IOS App Store called zHome Plus.

It doesn’t have all the functions available but the developer, Dan is very responsive. One of the good point is it doesn’t require an Homeseer app and is very responsive as it natively connects directly to Homeseer.

You can also set up different profile based on users and easily share the profiles between devices. They also have an a desktop app for MACOS in development which makes developing, configuring and sharing between the phones and desktop simple.

There is an an initial 7 days trail before you have to purchase so there is no require to purchase the app upfront and it is a one off purchase for a few dollars.

Comment

As I said above I have been using zHome Plus as the replacement for Imperihome. I have put to a YouTube video together to provide an oversight. zHome Plus does not have all the functionality of Imperihome and probably doesn't need to either and it should be noted the imperihome took quite a few years to get a sound framework and API that was integrated into Homeseer via the Imperihome plugin and added additional costs. This is direct and requires no 3rd party products and hopefully his video provides you with an insight, I am not associated with zHome Plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unRXQcx5Kn0

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                        As I said above I have been using zHome Plus as the replacement for Imperihome. I have put to a YouTube video together to provide an oversight. zHome Plus does not have all the functionality of Imperihome and probably doesn't need to either and it should be noted the imperihome took quite a few years to get a sound framework and API that was integrated into Homeseer via the Imperihome plugin and added additional costs. This is direct and requires no 3rd party products and hopefully his video provides you with an insight, I am not associated with zHome Plus.
                        brientim you must really like it pushing it on FB and the forum here. btw, to clarify/correct... Imperihome was/is never "integrated into Homeseer" ... there is an general Imperihome API and spud wrote a plugin to leverage it. vs avargaskun HSBuddy which has a dedicated plugin and its own methods to interact.

I do like some of how zHome looks with the widgest/controls -- especially with the RGB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

brientim you must really like it pushing it on FB and the forum here. btw, to clarify/correct... Imperihome was/is never "integrated into Homeseer" ... there is an general Imperihome API and spud wrote a plugin to leverage it. vs avargaskun HSBuddy which has a dedicated plugin and its own methods to interact.

I do like some of how zHome looks with the widgest/controls -- especially with the RGB.
                          Yes I did but it was actually my wife that I sought the app for. I like the speed, performance, sharing the configuration, and not having to drill down multiple layers through the UI to execute simple functions. I also like initiative, options and support the invitation. The User Experience (Ux) is included in the UI(s) by design. The Ux makes access to room, widgets and controls more efficient and the user can select the UI that suite them and the device. The MAC desktop app which I also tested and I didn’t show allowed me to configure the layout very quickly and push it to severely easily.

I came across the app by accident about a month ago and experienced a number of issues so I reached out to the developer and later asked for the JowiHue and RGB to be supported and he turned around the changes very quickly.

Ltek I was using ImperiHome since it was first beta on another platform before returning to Homeseer and long before it Spud’s work on his plugin. I was pleased when Spud developed his plugin that allowed ImperiHome to integrate/interface. I was using HSBuddy but my wife finds both it and Homeseer Mobile very inefficient

I was presenting that their is choices and options available.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post

Yes I did but it was actually my wife that I sought the app for. I like the speed, performance, sharing the configuration, and not having to drill down multiple layers through the UI to execute simple functions. I also like initiative, options and support the invitation. The User Experience (Ux) is included in the UI(s) by design. The Ux makes access to room, widgets and controls more efficient and the user can select the UI that suite them and the device. The MAC desktop app which I also tested and I didn’t show allowed me to configure the layout very quickly and push it to severely easily.

I came across the app by accident about a month ago and experienced a number of issues so I reached out to the developer and later asked for the JowiHue and RGB to be supported and he turned around the changes very quickly.

Ltek I was using ImperiHome since it was first beta on another platform before returning to Homeseer and long before it Spud’s work on his plugin. I was pleased when Spud developed his plugin that allowed ImperiHome to integrate/interface. I was using HSBuddy but my wife finds both it and Homeseer Mobile very inefficient

I was presenting that their is choices and options available.
                            I appreciate you are sharing alternatives. Its good for people to share experiences. I'm not sure what you are comparing it to in the above quote but if you are building Dashboards you have 100% control of 'drill down' (or lack of). If you simply use the "list view" of the apps for HS Mobile, Imperihome, or HSbuddy ... then yes, by design, there will be multiple levels. That is the way they all work cuz that is how Homeseer works (and most HA apps).

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

I appreciate you are sharing alternatives. Its good for people to share experiences. I'm not sure what you are comparing it to in the above quote but if you are building Dashboards you have 100% control of 'drill down' (or lack of). If you simply use the "list view" of the apps for HS Mobile, Imperihome, or HSbuddy ... then yes, by design, there will be multiple levels. That is the way they all work cuz that is how Homeseer works (and most HA apps).
                              I didn’t use imperihome since a while. Is that a new tile view?

Comment

Working...
                              X