Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External access broken after HS4 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External access broken after HS4 upgrade?

I upgraded from HS3 pro to HS4 pro yesterday, Windows 10.
    Imperihome app works fine internal, but remote/external access fails. I did not change anything in the app or plugin, still configured for external using https://connected2.homeseer.com/issapi

MyHS login (remote) works fine. I changed the license from HS3 to HS4. Username/password is correct, same as MyHS.
    https://connected2.homeseer.com/issapi/system responds with: {"id":"HS3 HOMESEER","apiversion":1}

Trying to use the Imperihome Configuration Wizard, it just hangs on "Step 2 - Validating" for ever.
    Reload devices from within app dashboard results in all devices marked as "Device ..... not found..."
    App and phone restarted.

Any suggestions highly appreciated, as Imperihome is my day to day UI for HomeSeer.

Didn't Imperihome shut down?
    There was some posts saying if you get disconnected, you won't be able to reconnect but I don't use it so I'm just posting something I remember seeing here.

Comment

No.. not for PRO users. Mine still works fine.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
        Didn't Imperihome shut down?
        There was some posts saying if you get disconnected, you won't be able to reconnect but I don't use it so I'm just posting something I remember seeing here.
        What do you mean by shut down? It is a mobile app, not a service.
        I have used it until yesterday, both for my Vera system in my cabin, and HS at home. Been disconnected from both many times.
        It still works fine for Vera, and it still works fine for HS4, as long as I am on the internal network. The only thing that doesn't work after upgrading to HS4 is the remote/external access to HS4.
        Just tried using the plugin with custom HTTP-server. Didn't work at all.

Comment

It's not exactly just an app, it was a business. Even though you're using the app to connect to your HS system, you are still going through their servers first.
          Just search this forum for imperihome and you'll see what I'm referring to.

Here's just a few:
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...te#post1394759

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ts#post1391554

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...ve#post1397552

I guess it's more if you log out from the app you won't get back in, disconnect was a bad choice of words on my part since even you thought that by not using the app meant you're disconnected.

Comment

Ok, I see.
            I have the old Imperihome Pro app (pre subscription), once logged in (to verify your license), there is nothing going through them at all. So this is not the reason why it doesn't work for HS4. I am logged in, it works. Just not using the plugin on HS4 remote.

I'll rather revert to HS3 than stop using IH remote, it is a brilliant app. Using the HS4 mobile would be a huge step backwards. Too bad Imperihome went into a subscription based model, not sustainable for an app like that.

Comment

So, I went back to HS3, and Imperihome works again. Buys me some time to figure out an alternative to IH.
              HS4 is no loss in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorden View Post
                Ok, I see.
                I have the old Imperihome Pro app (pre subscription), once logged in (to verify your license), there is nothing going through them at all. So this is not the reason why it doesn't work for HS4. I am logged in, it works. Just not using the plugin on HS4 remote.

I'll rather revert to HS3 than stop using IH remote, it is a brilliant app. Using the HS4 mobile would be a huge step backwards. Too bad Imperihome went into a subscription based model, not sustainable for an app like that.
                I'm having the same issue as you describe. I'm still able to connect locally.
                This must be het API of imperihome which cannot be called anymore

Comment

HS4 works fine the problem is the credentials all change going to HS4. Most people try to keep them the same then they run into issues. Like if you using your email address as a username with HS3 and HS4. Same user and same passwords I found didn't work.

If you want them all to be the same as before you need to call homeseer and have them delete them all out of hs3 so you can use them as new.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                    HS4 works fine the problem is the credentials all change going to HS4. Most people try to keep them the same then they run into issues. Like if you using your email address as a username with HS3 and HS4. Same user and same passwords I found didn't work.

If you want them all to be the same as before you need to call homeseer and have them delete them all out of hs3 so you can use them as new.
                    Are you absolutely certain that Imperihome works as intended, remote access included, on HS4? Did you experience this yourself?

Comment

Yes I have had HS4 running twice now. Back when it was beta but I reverted due to issues wirh HS4 and now I'm running it for around 2 months on two locations. I have imperihome running on 3 androids and 1 ios. I just upgraded one phone and now can't install imperihome anymore. Ans on the apple you can't add any devices it crashes and there has been no fix for 6months or more. So I'll be looking to switch soon.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                        Yes I have had HS4 running twice now. Back when it was beta but I reverted due to issues wirh HS4 and now I'm running it for around 2 months on two locations. I have imperihome running on 3 androids and 1 ios. I just upgraded one phone and now can't install imperihome anymore. Ans on the apple you can't add any devices it crashes and there has been no fix for 6months or more. So I'll be looking to switch soon.
                        Ok, so I gave it another shot, and it works!

The thing that made the difference is NOT the credentials as such, but the MyHs account. So, instead of reusing the old HS3 account with the new HS4 license, just let the old one be, and create a new one. New HS4 account, new credentials, and obviously a user/password in the HS4 config that matches the newly created MyHS account user/password.
                        New credentials reusing the old MyHS account did not work.

Thanks for pointing me towards the solution!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorden View Post
                          Ok, so I gave it another shot, and it works!
                          Yup your not the first with this issue. And it's not just with Imperihome.

Most people want to use the same account with the same user and same password.

Comment

Working...
                          X