This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spud View Post
    1) All On/Off/Dim devices, Thermostats, Door Lock, and Events should appear automatically in ImperiHome without any configuration. Those devices are grouped by location1 or location2. The default is location1 which by default in HS3 is the "Room", if you would rather use location2 for grouping, go to the plugin config page and set the "Group By" field to location2 (You may have to restart the plugin for this to take effect)
    Events are grouped by event groups.

2) Yes, other devices have to be configured manually, but really it doesn't take much time, just select the type of device you want to create then select the HS device to map, group and name fields are automatically filled.

3) "ImperiHome Standard System" (ISS) is the name of the ImperiHome API. I'm not sure what you mean by "There are a metric ton of these in devices."? where do you see this?
    Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    2) Since Imperihome doesn't directly support Homeseer the plugin was made to play the middle man and convert the homeseer devices into the correct format that Imperihome needs to see them. So yes you have a bit of work to do, unlike if Imperihome were to add everything on their end and had direct support for Homeseer.

3) I'm also confused, maybe a screen shot would show us if there is an issue.
    Ok so I just figured out the problem with #1, because I use custom names for the default HS location names, my first is actually my second. So even though the plug-in was pointing to the "first location" that was displayed in my grid, it was actually the 2nd location that I needed in the plug-in.. Hopefully that makes sense. I would love the option to include both however, as some of my setup requires both.

#2 Out of curiosity what is the reason why they can't be generated automatically? Seems like something that could be done via code

#3 I think I'm seeing an entry for every single item in my system, and that's why there looks to be hundreds and hundreds of entries.
    Attached Files
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
      Ok so I just figured out the problem with #1, because I use custom names for the default HS location names, my first is actually my second. So even though the plug-in was pointing to the "first location" that was displayed in my grid, it was actually the 2nd location that I needed in the plug-in.. Hopefully that makes sense. I would love the option to include both however, as some of my setup requires both.

#2 Out of curiosity what is the reason why they can't be generated automatically? Seems like something that could be done via code

#3 I think I'm seeing an entry for every single item in my system, and that's why there looks to be hundreds and hundreds of entries.
      #1 I could add an option to use "location1 + location2" as the group

#2 HS devices are very flexible, they are basically a list of status and controls, they don't have a type like the ImperiHome devices have (Temperature sensor, door security sensor, etc...) So it would be very difficult to detect programmatically what type of device a HS device represent. I guess it could be done so that the plugin guess the best match but it would be far from 100% reliable.
      Another reason is that most users don't want to see all their devices in ImperiHome, so having everything sent automatically to ImperiHome would just slow down the app.

#3 ok I see the problem now in the Hidden Devices list, I will report it to ImperiHome developers and see if they can group them by groups like it is when select a device to add a widget to a dashboard.

Comment

• #1 Thanks that would be fantastic.

#2 I think you could do it.. SubType: On/Off Sensor. but I don't know I guess manual is OK too..

I can confirm the ONLY MySensors device that works with the plug-in is the Relay device (in automatic mode).. It doesn't seem the plug in can see any other device. (again in automatic mode)

For Temperature you can manual add it under sensors.
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

• Hey Spud, I changed control use on my door locks and still no luck. I've tried restarting my system etc...

Comment

#2 HS devices are very flexible, they are basically a list of status and controls, they don't have a type like the ImperiHome devices have (Temperature sensor, door security sensor, etc...) So it would be very difficult to detect programmatically what type of device a HS device represent. I guess it could be done so that the plugin guess the best match but it would be far from 100% reliable.
            Another reason is that most users don't want to see all their devices in ImperiHome, so having everything sent automatically to ImperiHome would just slow down the app.
            Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

#2 I think you could do it.. SubType: On/Off Sensor. but I don't know I guess manual is OK too..
            I'm with spud, I have way too many devices to have things show up automatically. I much prefer the way it is set up unless there was an easy way to whitelist and/or blacklist devices. Keeps it lean and fast.

Cheers
            Al

PS On the MySensors side, what types of sensors are you trying to add?
            HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

• Hi spud,

I get the occasional error in the log:

Feb-21 3:23:27 PM ImperiHome ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The specified network name is no longer available at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HSPI_ImperiHome.ISSServer.HandleRequest(HttpListenerContext ctx)

I think this happens when my iPhone goes to sleep. Thoughts?

Thanks
              Al

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                I'm with spud, I have way too many devices to have things show up automatically. I much prefer the way it is set up unless there was an easy way to whitelist and/or blacklist devices. Keeps it lean and fast.

Cheers
                Al

PS On the MySensors side, what types of sensors are you trying to add?
                It would be infinity easier to un-tic an active box then to manually add 100+ items [emoji12]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

It would be infinity easier to un-tic an active box then to manually add 100+ items [emoji12]
                  I'm ok with that as long as it's done on the plugin side, not in the imperihome app itself and in a way where 1500+ devices are not all trying to be loaded into one page at the same time. I've had that issue with other plugins that did not take into account the possibility of that many devices.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

• Hey Spud,

I was playing with the plug-in, so far so good. Except one "I/O Linc" is not showing up, which I use for my garage door.

as you know it's a "2 in 1 device, a sensor and a controller". how do you add this to Imperihome? It's not necessarily an "on/off" device since it can be configured in momentary mode

Do I need to make an Event to control my garage doors?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2016 View Post
                      Hey Spud,

I was playing with the plug-in, so far so good. Except one "I/O Linc" is not showing up, which I use for my garage door.

as you know it's a "2 in 1 device, a sensor and a controller". how do you add this to Imperihome? It's not necessarily an "on/off" device since it can be configured in momentary mode

Do I need to make an Event to control my garage doors?
                      An event will probably be the best way to automate your door. The system doesn't know what exactly you want to do with the IOLinc (On/Off/Toggle). I have an Elk output wired directly to an opener, same principle as IOLinc, and I created an event that toggles the output for 2 seconds on trigger. Works like as charm.

Comment

• "Locks (any HS device that has Door Lock/Door Unlock "Control Use")"

My Yale door lock is not showing up?
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

"Locks (any HS device that has Door Lock/Door Unlock "Control Use")"

My Yale door lock is not showing up?
                          could you post a screenshot of the "Status Graphics" tab for this device. Thanks

Comment

could you post a screenshot of the "Status Graphics" tab for this device. Thanks

Thanks, Figured it out.. I had to restart the plug-in to get it to show up in IH. I'm finding that I have to restart the plug-in after changes are made.

I will assume this is to be expected for changes to devices (such as my lock), but why when changing settings in the Plug-in?

By the way, I'm so happy to be using IH again. Thank You!!
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I will assume this is to be expected for changes to devices (such as my lock), but why when changing settings in the Plug-in?
                              What settings did you change that necessitated a restart of the plugin?
                              If you add a new device manually, it should shows up without a restart, the only case this doe not work properly, that I am aware of, is if you assign it to a room that does not exist yet.

Comment

• FYI, the plugin is now available from the updater, and is in the store.

Comment

Working...
                                X