Can't get it to connect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get it to connect...

Always like trying new things but can't get it to connect to HomeSeer.

I've installed the plug-in no problem and I've installed the lite version to try out on my phone.

HS Plug-in is activated and I can go into the config just fine.

In the Android App, I go into Settings, My System, Add a new System

From here I'm choosing 'ImperiHome Standard System' and putting in the Local API Base URL as found in the HS Plugin Config settings (http://10.0.0.***:8072/issapi). Also entered in my username/password.

Always comes back with 'Unable to connect. Please check your parameters.'

I've also tried putting in an external URL with no luck.

Any ideas?
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

set the log to trace, and check if you see any error or request/answer in the logs, after a restart of the plugin

do not enter any username/password, the plugin doesn't support that for now

from a browser on your Android device, enter http://10.0.0.***:8072/issapi/system, you should get the following json string
    Code:
    {"id":"HS3","apiversion":1}
    if you don't maybe you have firewall blocking port 8072 on your HS3 machine?

Comment

Thanks, got it going now. Ended up being my antivirus blocking the port.

Time to play!
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

No luck with external connections.
        8072 open in router UDP / TCP, also open in Firewall (Windows 2012R2), AntiVirus not blocking. Tracing enabled and I don't see any connections being made. URL testing internally working. Disabled and enabled plugin. Added internal and external URL in Imperihome Pro, not using username or password.

Any additional troubleshooting techniques?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          do not enter any username/password, the plugin doesn't support that for now
          External access isn't working yet
          Bryan

Comment

Well that would explain it...

Comment

well, external access should work (it's working here on my system) but it is not secure because user/password is not supported yet.

let's say the local ip of your HS3 machine is 192.168.1.100 and your external ip is aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, then on your router you need to open port 8072 and create a NAT rule to redirect aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:8072 to 192.168.1.100:8072

when it's done, open a browser and try to access
              http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:8072/issapi/system

if you get the following json string
              Code:
              then everything is fine and you should be able to use http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:8072/issapi as the external url in imperihome, but remember that right now it's not secure and everyone would be able to access the data exposed by the ImperiHome plugin

Comment

This is the message I get in Chrome: This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

8072 is definitely opened on my router, and my external DNS host is resolving.

Comment

well, external access should work (it's working here on my system) but it is not secure because user/password is not supported yet.

let's say the local ip of your HS3 machine is 192.168.1.100 and your external ip is aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, then on your router you need to open port 8072 and create a NAT rule to redirect aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:8072 to 192.168.1.100:8072

when it's done, open a browser and try to access
                  http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:8072/issapi/system

if you get the following json string
                  Code:
                  then everything is fine and you should be able to use http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:8072/issapi as the external url in imperihome, but remember that right now it's not secure and everyone would be able to access the data exposed by the ImperiHome plugin
                  Tried it just to confirm and yes, it does work.
                  Bryan

Comment

Still stuck

I am still getting the Unable to connect message. I changed the config to trace and still can't connect. My router is configured right but when I go to the web page on my Browser (Android) it still gives me an error message "can't find the web page" I have stopped and restarted the plugin to no avail. Also the antivirus is not blocking the app. Also I have used a browser on the HS3 computer and get the message:

Mar-20 12:35:04 AM

Plug-In

Finished initializing plug-in ImperiHome

ImperiHome

DEBUG ISS server started: http://*:8072/issapi/

ImperiHome

INFO ImperiHome version 3.0.0.4

Mar-20 12:35:03 AM

Info

Plugin ImperiHome has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53265

Plug-In

Interface ImperiHome is running as a trial, 28 days remaining.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
                    Steve
                    Last edited by skozin; March 20, 2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
                      I am still getting the Unable to connect message. I changed the config to trace and still can't connect. My router is configured right but when I go to the web page on my Browser (Android) it still gives me an error message "can't find the web page" I have stopped and restarted the plugin to no avail. Also the antivirus is not blocking the app. Also I have used a browser on the HS3 computer and get the message:

Plug-In

Finished initializing plug-in ImperiHome

ImperiHome

DEBUG ISS server started: http://*:8072/issapi/

ImperiHome

INFO ImperiHome version 3.0.0.4

Info

Plugin ImperiHome has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53265

Plug-In

Interface ImperiHome is running as a trial, 28 days remaining.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
                      Steve
                      this is very likely to be a firewall problem. Do you have the windows firewall running on your HS3 machine? if so try to disable it.

can you access the issapi/system url from a browser on your phone or tablet?

Comment

this is very likely to be a firewall problem. Do you have the windows firewall running on your HS3 machine? if so try to disable it.

can you access the issapi/system url from a browser on your phone or tablet?
                        Yes my firewall was blocking it even though I had HS3 as an exception. Is there another program besides HS3 to bypass the firewall?

Thanks,
                        Steve

Comment

Yes my firewall was blocking it even though I had HS3 as an exception. Is there another program besides HS3 to bypass the firewall?

Thanks,
                          Steve
                          each plugin runs as an independent program, so you need to add an exception for HSPI_ImperiHome.exe

Comment

Ok I get that but when I add the HSPI_Imperihome.exe to the exceptions list and try to run it, Imperihome will still not work. I can only make it work with the firewall not being used. Then it sees the program.

Like I said earlier the router is forwarding port 8072.

Any ideas

Comment

Ok I get that but when I add the HSPI_Imperihome.exe to the exceptions list and try to run it, Imperihome will still not work. I can only make it work with the firewall not being used. Then it sees the program.

Like I said earlier the router is forwarding port 8072.

Any ideas
                              you're right, adding an exception for HSPI_ImperiHome.exe doesn't work because the plugin uses a windows component to listen on port 8072 on its behalf. Sorry for the confusion.

What you need to do is to go to the Windows Firewall Advanced settings and create an inbound rule to allow TCP port 8072 like in the screenshot below:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	inboundrule.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1183940

Note: adding port forwarding on your router is omly necessary if you want to access your system when your phone or tablet is not connected to your local network.

Comment

Working...
                              X