Multiple HomeSeer systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple HomeSeer systems?

I'm *very* intrigued about ImperiHome and this plug-in. Before I start doing some research, a preliminary question. We own two houses, each of which has its own HomeSeer system. For HS3Touch, I have it ask which system to connect to every time it's run (very kludgy -- I'd prefer it to default to the previously selected system with a way to switch systems from within the app, but that's another story).

Is there any way for ImperiHome to do this?

With ImperiHome you can use multiple systems at the same time, so I guess you could create dashboard screens for both systems and just swipe between screens or use a shortcut to switch from one system to the other.
    You can also disable/enable a system from within the app settings quite easily.

This is a very convenient feature because you can even create screens with devices from different systems, in your case I guess it wouldn't make much sense, but as the app supports some systems like Sonos or Kodi natively, you could mix some HS devices with widgets to select media to play on Sonos or Kodi.

Comment

OK, this is just way cool. I'm going to have to set aside a weekend to play with this.

I noticed that the plug-in is available for purchase, too. Is that the preferred route to get the plug-in on the system? Will the latest betas be available directly from the web interface?

Comment

If you want to use multiple HS3 servers you need version 3.0.0.6 of the plugin currently only available from the Beta testing thread.
        I periodically ask HST to put plugin updates in the updater, so this version should be soon in the updater as well.

Comment

I have 3 houses that I use with Imperihome before i even had homeseer. All three had Vera's. Now im mixed but as spud says you can connect to multiple systems all at the same time and you can tell Imperihome which wifi ssid is the local connection for each system. Sonos ip cameras and more can also be directly connected to imperihome at the same time.

With dashboards i created a home page that has 3 tiles and each is linked to another home page for the appropriate house.
          So it just tiers down like a tree from the main page.

Comment

Working...
          X