motion sensors not deactivating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motion sensors not deactivating

Has anyone else had any luck getting motion sensors to work in imperihome when using blradar? I have verified that teh status graphic values need to be 0 for off and 100 for on, and have tried setting the values accordingly. In the rare case that a motion sensor did activate within imperihome, it would never deactivate. The only way it would deactivate in the app is if I cycle the plugin after the sensor stops in homeseer. Since blradar uses Echo and No Echo, I have also tried setting the values to this instead of on/off and also tried using motion/no motion. When I have also tried changing the status control from both, control and status there was no change. It appears that it doesn't matter if the sensor is zwave or x10. Within blradar, I have also tried to use the "value triggered" to send a 0/100 value, but again, no luck. I set logging to debug and when the sensor trips, it appears that it is trying to pull in the blradar radar icon with the echo/no echo status.
    Attached Files

I'm not sure I'm following.
    In the plugin config, to what HS device the motion sensor is mapped to? You need to make sure this device has a value that changes when the sensor activate or deactivate.

Forget about "string changed" messages in the logs, what you want to see is a "value changed" message. If the device does not have a value that changes it won't work.

Comment

The advanced tab looks like the pictures below. The first shows when the device is activated/motion and the other shows when the device is not active/no motion. When the device activates or trips, it gives an "Echo" for status change; however, it also has that radar icon attached to it. So I'm not sure if that is the problem or not. Could the radar icon be what is causing the problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

the icon is not the problem, as I said the plugin doesn't care about the string for motion sensors, all it care about is a value change.

in the debug logs do you see a line looking like this:
        "Device 38 value changed from X to Y"
        ?

also could you post a screenshot of the status/graphics tab of this device?

Comment

Looks like that is the problem. I see that a string change is made, but there is nothing for a value change. Even when I try to set the use trigger value in blradar. I'll have to do a little research or maybe open a ticket with blade to see why this isn't passing through so imperihome can use it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X