Dynamic icons and virtual devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic icons and virtual devices

I have several virtual devices, set up using value 0 as OFF, and value 255 as ON. I'm trying to use the native dynamic icons in Imperihome to represent them on dashboards, but they wont change image when the device changes value, as they do with actual devices, sensors, switches etc. They are also set up as Control use OFF and ON respectively, and added to the plug-in as multiswitches, with OFF and ON checked. For all intents and purposes I think I have emulated an actual switch as far as Imperihome is concerned, but I guess I am missing something. Any thoughts or ideas? Is this possible? I was hoping to leverage the dynamic icons for some of my virtual devices.

Thanks

Originally posted by jhirschhorn View Post
    I have several virtual devices, set up using value 0 as OFF, and value 255 as ON. I'm trying to use the native dynamic icons in Imperihome to represent them on dashboards, but they wont change image when the device changes value, as they do with actual devices, sensors, switches etc. They are also set up as Control use OFF and ON respectively, and added to the plug-in as multiswitches, with OFF and ON checked. For all intents and purposes I think I have emulated an actual switch as far as Imperihome is concerned, but I guess I am missing something. Any thoughts or ideas? Is this possible? I was hoping to leverage the dynamic icons for some of my virtual devices.

Thanks
    I don't have this issue. Mine all work with the dynamic icons. The one that comes to mind is my virtual switch for turning on and off the Front door's Automatic Locking. I've attached an image of the static graphic's tab in case it helps at all. When I added them in imperihome I added them as switches (On/Off/Pulse, though the Pulse doesn't work) then change the image.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jhirschhorn View Post

Thanks
      If the device in HS has the ControlUse OFF/ON set, you don't need to configure it as a multiswitch, it should appear in ImperiHome automatically, but you may have to disable/enable the plugin before it shows up.

I just tested this again, and like sirmeili, it all work fine, the image changes when the device value changes.

Comment

I missed that the OP set then up as multi switches. As @spud says, I don't do that. The virtual devices just show up as switches in ImperiHome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

That was it guys. When I pick one of the other widgets, it works. I had selected the multiswtich widget because it had the benefit of displaying the Status Text, but the icon is a much better visual if I have to choose 1.

Thanks for your help and the quick responses spud and sirmeili.

sirmeili, I remember you from the Vera forums. :-)

Comment

Does this work on android? I have it working great on iOS but cant seem to find the options on Android.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic860 View Post
              Does this work on android? I have it working great on iOS but cant seem to find the options on Android.
              sorry I'm not following, what options are you talking about?

Comment

custom dynamic icons

Comment

I have the Android beta B395 installed, and I can select custom dynamic icons. Long press on a switch in the dashboard view > Configuration > Change icon > custom image...

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    I have the Android beta B395 installed, and I can select custom dynamic icons. Long press on a switch in the dashboard view > Configuration > Change icon > custom image...
                    And if the "dynamic image" is reversed (image shows off when the device is on), then there is a checkbox at the bottom of the image select popup to reverse it. I had to do this on some of mine (I use one of the "lock" security dynamic images for my "Auto Lock" device).

Comment

custom dynamic icons
                      New feature added to the iOS client last release (test flight ver), you can select one icon for one state and another for another state. This is what I was referring to as custom dynamic icons. My bad for not being clear. I was hoping this same feature was already in the android client.

When I go to custom as described all I can do is select 1 icon. I'm not cleaver enough to make them single dynamic as I am sure the rest of you are doing.

P.S> BTW Spud - Thank you so much for this plugin, I was about to kick homeseer to the curb due to lack of a mobile client, I hate HStouch as I am not interested in designing the interface. imperihome is perfect. Gladly paid the fee for a license you deserve it!

Comment

New feature added to the iOS client last release (test flight ver), you can select one icon for one state and another for another state. This is what I was referring to as custom dynamic icons. My bad for not being clear. I was hoping this same feature was already in the android client.

When I go to custom as described all I can do is select 1 icon. I'm not cleaver enough to make them single dynamic as I am sure the rest of you are doing.
                        we are not that clever
                        with Android version B395 you can select one icon for one state, see screenshot below:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	custom_image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1184262

Comment

thats it!
                          how do i get that version lol?
                          I signed up for the beta program weeks ago but havent heard back yet

Comment

thats it!
                            how do i get that version lol?
                            I signed up for the beta program weeks ago but havent heard back yet
                            follow the instructions of this link:
                            https://play.google.com/apps/testing...mperihome.lite

Comment

your the man, I am now complete

Comment

Working...
                              X