Please Help with Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help with Installation

I have installed the plugin and the app on my android phone. I've set everything up as per the user manual including allowing the port in windows fireewall.
    But all I get when I try to connect is a message saying:
    Unable to connect. Please check your parameters.

I have checked carefully and everything is setup properly.
    Can anyone help me get connected?
    Thanx

Have you tried accessing the base url from a browser on your Android? What response do you get? Are you trying with the Android on the local network?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Have you tried accessing the base url from a browser on your Android? What response do you get? Are you trying with the Android on the local network?

Cheers
      Al
      Using LAN addresss. Browser says "This site can't be reached-took too long to respond. Get same from laptop. Almost seems that server isn't running, but config page says it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
        Using LAN addresss. Browser says "This site can't be reached-took too long to respond. Get same from laptop. Almost seems that server isn't running, but config page says it is.
        Have you tried turning off the firewall completely as a test? Sounds like something is still blocking it.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Have you tried turning off the firewall completely as a test? Sounds like something is still blocking it.

Cheers
          Al
          The problem wasn't the firewall it was my vpn. Not sure why that would stop me from signin to a server on the local network.

Only 2 of my light devices show up properly. Two others show up with a strange icon that doesn't change when off or on. Those devices control the lights but only the two with the correct icon are usable. The other dozen devices don't show up at all. I'e checked the control use for these devices and they are set correctly.
          Haven't tried to figure out other types of devices (security system, hvac systems etc). Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

I've managed to show my HVAC stuff, but I can't find any useful way to deal with my security system.-can't even make it show status (disarmed, armed-away, etc).
            I would use it for lights, but it's missing over half the light devices and i can't figure out how to get them to show.

Comment

What kind of security system? I had to create a Multi-Switch to allow arming/disarming of my panel. The door/window/motion/etc sensors need to be added under the Security Devices tab. Not sure why all your lights would not show up if the Control Use properties are set. I had no issue with mine showing up. Try restarting the plugin and then waiting a few minutes and then do a reload in the ImperiHome app.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

What kind of security system? I had to create a Multi-Switch to allow arming/disarming of my panel. The door/window/motion/etc sensors need to be added under the Security Devices tab. Not sure why all your lights would not show up if the Control Use properties are set. I had no issue with mine showing up. Try restarting the plugin and then waiting a few minutes and then do a reload in the ImperiHome app.

Cheers
                Al
                Restarting fixed the lights. Now I have an issue with thermostats. When I have the mode set to cool and change the setting, it changes the heat mode temp.

Does this plugin/android app still have multiple issues. I've already paid for the app (but not the plugin yet). Lights seem to be ok, hvac has problems, worthless for security system as far as I can see. I would use it if lights and hvac worked. Does anyone think I can get app $ back if hvac doesn't work. Would sure love if both hvac and security system workede!!!

Comment

I think the setpoint issue was resolved in one of the app betas. You can sign up for the betas: https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en...sting-program-

Security works fine for me.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Does this plugin/android app still have multiple issues. I've already paid for the app (but not the plugin yet). Lights seem to be ok, hvac has problems, worthless for security system as far as I can see. I would use it if lights and hvac worked. Does anyone think I can get app $ back if hvac doesn't work. Would sure love if both hvac and security system workede!!!
                    For your security system, if you want to show the status of the system, create a "Generic Sensor" from the Sensor tab, select your partition device, check the "String status". If you want a widget to be able to arm/disarm from ImperiHome create a multi switch. To see the zone status from ImperiHome create some security devices.

Regarding HVAC, if you long press the HVAC widget you should be able to change both setpoints. If you install the latest beta version of the plug-in available here, the setpoint displayed without any long press is now the closest to the current temperature, so that should solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      For your security system, if you want to show the status of the system, create a "Generic Sensor" from the Sensor tab, select your partition device, check the "String status". If you want a widget to be able to arm/disarm from ImperiHome create a multi switch. To see the zone status from ImperiHome create some security devices.

Regarding HVAC, if you long press the HVAC widget you should be able to change both setpoints. If you install the latest beta version of the plug-in available here, the setpoint displayed without any long press is now the closest to the current temperature, so that should solve your problem.
                      I'm not finding the plugin at the link above. What am I missing. Also, someone else said I had to sign up for Beta versions. So I did, but have heard nothing back.
                      Thanx

Comment

I'm not finding the plugin at the link above. What am I missing. Also, someone else said I had to sign up for Beta versions. So I did, but have heard nothing back.
                        Thanx
                        hmm... the zip package and updater_override.txt are attached to the first post of this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179634

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Don't understand this. Long pressing the widget brings up a config menu to change color, etc not change temps.
                          I have two thermostats. One is heat only and the temp buttons on the phone don't change the heat setpoint at all. On the house widget, pressing the temp buttons changes the heat setpoint only-never changes the cooling setpoint. I think I have the latest beta but it still doesn't work.

Comment

Don't understand this. Long pressing the widget brings up a config menu to change color, etc not change temps.
                            I have two thermostats. One is heat only and the temp buttons on the phone don't change the heat setpoint at all. On the house widget, pressing the temp buttons changes the heat setpoint only-never changes the cooling setpoint. I think I have the latest beta but it still doesn't work.
                            Sorry it's not a long press, it is a press on the icon.
                            What kind of thermostats is it? The plug-in that handles those thermostats need to set the device type properly for this to work.

Comment

Working...
                            X