No announcement yet.

Imperihome on Kindle Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a Fire 10" HD on Amazon Prime day. Just finished the custom frame. So far so good, these things are great for imperihome. Even the camera turning the display on works good.

Here's a short video of it in action.

Attached Files
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Kindle Fire won't wake

I bought the Pro version, but cannot get the Imperihome home app to wake the kindle. Also, is there a way to remove the lock screen? Otherwise if I am able to get it to wake with Imperihome I will still have to swipe the screen.

I'm on a Kindle Fire 7 inch running OS 5.1.1

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunetti View Post
        I bought the Pro version, but cannot get the Imperihome home app to wake the kindle. Also, is there a way to remove the lock screen? Otherwise if I am able to get it to wake with Imperihome I will still have to swipe the screen.

I'm on a Kindle Fire 7 inch running OS 5.1.1

Thanks
        There is a camera sensitivity setting you can play with in the Ipmerihome settings menu. I think its set to 5000, lower is more sensitive.

There is a glitch that if you exit out of the app and go to the kindle home page, then back to Imperihome, the wake on camera doesn't work. So you have to close imperihome and reopen. As long as you don't leave the app it works great.
        -Tim

Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I love the imperihome interface too
          But I'm still trying to get devices to work

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rxatwell View Post
            Awesome, thank you! I'll give this a try.
            bummed... this doesn't seem to work for me. i downloaded the four files fine. but when i go to install... i get to the exact same screen as in the video, but nothing happens when i click the install link on bottom right corner. cancel works fine.

any ideas?

it's like it should be 'greyed' out, but it's not. looks totally normal.

Comment

a firmware upgrade to the tablet seems to have worked... and the files installed.

this seems to work really well so far, including interfacing with the API.

doing some testing to make sure it doesn't time out and suspend if I leave it alone.

One question to the other users... an app I use and love on the android tablets is "Target Home Launcher". You can use this to setup whatever app you want to come up if you touch the home button. Great if you swap apps (like to Sonos), and want the ease of always going to Imperihome when you hit home.

The app installs fine, but doesn't seem to overtake the home page from the Kindle. anybody use this, and can you test as well?

Comment

Bump. anyone try this?

Comment

I have not tried any other apps. I prefer to keep it on ImperiHome.

One of the issues has always been if you leave ImperiHome and then switch back, it doesn't wake on camera.
                  -Tim

Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                    I have not tried any other apps. I prefer to keep it on ImperiHome.

One of the issues has always been if you leave ImperiHome and then switch back, it doesn't wake on camera.
                    I'm the same.... the Target home launcher is super useful for WAF, etc. If someone navigates off, all you have to do is hit the home button and it will treat IH as your home page.

Comment

Anyone on Kindle Fire 5.3.3.0?

I'm having issues with the new version.

The only way I can wake up the screen is by pushing the power button.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post

There is a glitch that if you exit out of the app and go to the kindle home page, then back to Imperihome, the wake on camera doesn't work. So you have to close imperihome and reopen. As long as you don't leave the app it works great.
                        I'm finding the immediate need to replace some tablets, and am thinking of going with Fires, as i have one I've been testing over the months.

I'm still seeing this glitch... is everyone else?

So to be clear .... you mean close fully out? With the Fire, i'm not really sure how to do that if you don't go to settings/apps/running, and kill it there. what are you doing?

My one issue is that i also go to the sonos app from IH a lot... so this part is a bit of a pain. Any other thoughts welcome.

THese are just too good of a price to not make them work.

thanks

Comment

I use a utility called "Keep Screen On Free". It has a dimming function which appears to be linked to the Kindle settings screen off timing. Bright enough to see but dim enough to easily sleep next to.

Much prefer it on the half dozen of these I have around the house. You can glance at it at any time to see whatever you placed on the Imperihome screen... Time/Temps/Cams...you know. And no blank black slab to look at when not on.

One additional nice thing. I tried a similar utility but the screen didn't remain "active" to touch when dimmed. What I mean by that is that you had to touch once to undim the screen and then touch again to do something. With this utility, the screen remains active even when dimmed.

Freebie app..runs as a service..no ads or other BS.

Comment

I've been using IH on a few Fire Tablets and it has worked fine. I don't allow the tablets to update the OS.

Comment

Dumb question, I've been using the IOS version of IH and am able to export/import my configuration (screens/actions) but I've noticed that whilst using the Android version I have to purchase PREMIUM version which costs $4.99/month am I missing something? I would expect the cost if I was using their monthly service "City Service" Mike
                              Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                              Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                              HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                                Dumb question, I've been using the IOS version of IH and am able to export/import my configuration (screens/actions) but I've noticed that whilst using the Android version I have to purchase PREMIUM version which costs $4.99/month am I missing something? I would expect the cost if I was using their monthly service "City Service" Mike
                                Android or iOS its like that now. If you didnt already own the Pro version before they changed to a subscription model you now have to pay a subscription fee. If they ever remove the grandfathering from me, I'll have to stop using IH...as much as I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X