No announcement yet.

Imperihome on Kindle Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a fire 7 that I have IH on and plan to wall mount. I have tasker loaded in it and have it set where it automatically launches the IH homepage when the screen gets turned on.

I've yet to get the wake on camera to work.

I've yet to figure out how I'll provide access to the power button once I build a frame

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
      Android or iOS its like that now. If you didnt already own the Pro version before they changed to a subscription model you now have to pay a subscription fee. If they ever remove the grandfathering from me, I'll have to stop using IH...as much as I love it.
      Well that sucks ... Is there someway of getting a pre changed Pro version app. I agree with you if IH removes the grandfathering I think that they will suffer by being short sighted as HS folks and other platforms have helped their app mature. MTC Mike
      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
        I have a fire 7 that I have IH on and plan to wall mount. I have tasker loaded in it and have it set where it automatically launches the IH homepage when the screen gets turned on.

I've yet to get the wake on camera to work.

I've yet to figure out how I'll provide access to the power button once I build a frame
        the power button is always a problem.... luckily i just leave mine on all the time. With android tablets, the wake-on-camera is pretty much flawless.....

I actually do find that it works on the fire tablets , but there is a strange bug where if you go to another app, it will no longer work unless you stop/start IH again.

So, if you ONLY use IH on the wall mount, once you get it running and in the frame... you are good to go. if someone does open another app (like Sonos for example), you'll have to exit out and restart. or teach family to go to home screen and relaunch IH.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          So, if you ONLY use IH on the wall mount, once you get it running and in the frame... you are good to go. if someone does open another app (like Sonos for example), you'll have to exit out and restart. or teach family to go to home screen and relaunch IH.
          Or you can look for an app IFTT, Automate, Tasker, etc that will monitor the app states and launch/close/etc apps as you want them too.

I'll be looking into this in 2 weeks when I have some time I've been meaning to do it.

If you want to get fancy... run an app on Android that reports the status of the tablet's apps to Homeseer. Keep this in vDevices and run events based on them ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X