Adding thermostat and text question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding thermostat and text question

I was wondering how you added z-wave thermostat to IH which satisfies the requirement in selecting mode heat/cool and up/down buttons with temp reading much like you have in your example. I'm figuring composite device but ....

As well, is there a way to specify the font size in the text title of the device. It seems highly dependent on the number of letters consuming the title. More characters = smaller font (i.e Front Lawn sprinkler vs Pool Pump).

Robert
    Last edited by langenet; July 4, 2016, 04:35 PM.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Bump...

I got an update to Imperihome Android app which states it has improved thermostat support. Can this be tied and if so how, to create a friendly thermostat widget? Basically, I'm looking for a widget which I can use to easily increase/decrease a set point as well as show the current temp in either cool or heat mode...

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

sorry for the delay

you cannot manually create a thermostat device with the ImperiHome plug-in. The plug-in automatically scan your devices and look for devices that implement the thermostat API, if it find some it will automatically expose them to the ImperiHome app.

One way to check if the plugin that handle your thermostat is correctly implementing the thermostat API is to see if it appears in the climate section of the default HSTouch section.

You can also check if the ImperiHome plug-in is picking up your thermostat by setting the log level to Debug, and searching for your thermostat name in the json data that is sent to the ImperiHome app.

Comment

Spud,

I can see my thermostat devices - just that what I don't know is how to add it to IH so that I can change the set point, chose mode (Heat or cool), see current temp and see set point temp within one device. Do I pick a Composite device on my phone, is there any setup required for the IH configuration? etc.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Spud,

I can see my thermostat devices - just that what I don't know is how to add it to IH so that I can change the set point, chose mode (Heat or cool), see current temp and see set point temp within one device. Do I pick a Composite device on my phone, is there any setup required for the IH configuration? etc.

Robert
          No composite, they should appear as thermostat widgets in ImperiHome. In dashboard view, when adding a widget you should see your thermostat device name and be able to select between several thermostat widgets (from which you can change set point, mode, etc...). There is almost nothing to configure that's why I guess your particular thermostat may not implement the thermostat API properly.

Do you see your thermostat under the climate section in HSTouch? Could you paste here the JSON data you get in the debug logs?

Comment

Ah.... Don't know how I missed it. Yes, I have it now. Thanks!

One caveat is that while it shows the current temp, and the mode as Cool, the adjustable set point is for Heat and not cool. Any suggestions here for changing this?
            Adjusting it, I can see the web page adjust the Heat set point....

When I select what looks like the radiator, it shows both set points (which I can adjust) , the Mode and Fan mode as well just fine. But when I close, it's just the heat set point I can adjust. I was hoping the adjustable set point is reflected by the current mode.

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

Working...
            X