Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Lock with Status

Hi All

I have a yale lock and have managed to get the lock/unlock functionality into Imperihome but I was wondering how do I get the feedback status to appear for the lock as it does in HS3?

For locks to work correctly with the ImperiHome plugin, the device representing the lock needs to have 2 values (lock/unlock) which needs to be both status and controls.

Post a screenshot of your "Status Graphics" tab for your lock device, so that I can see how it is defined.

If it is more complex than just 2 possible values lock/unlock, maybe you can use a multiswitch.

Comment

Hi Spud

Here is my main HS3 lock depiction:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lock0.png
Views:	2
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1187611

It has the control function and also the feedback function (notification if command completes).

This is the main lock control 'graphic' that I modified to include the lock/unlock fields as per this forum:

Name:	lock1.png
Views:	3
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1187612

This is the notification 'graphic' that contains the feedback messages the lock can respond with:

Name:	lock2.png
Views:	2
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1187613

So lock/unlock command from Imperihome works fine but I want to able to show the lock feedback messages and thus have the lock state displayed.

Cheers for the help.

Comment

from the "Sensor" tab of the ImperiHome plugin config, create a new Generic sensor, select your notification device and tick the "string status" checkbox.

from the ImperiHome app, click reload, then you should be able to see the new notification device with its status.

Comment

Cheers Spud that did the trick.

By the way, loving Imperihome its very easy to use and looks great.

Comment

New issue.

Whenever the system is restarted or re-scanned, the lock device settings that you need to change for the lock to be detected by Imperihome drop back to their default texts. is there a way to make the setting to the device config permanent?

Comment

Working...
            X