Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyQ Garage Door Integration

Hi,

I recently purchased this plug-in and ImperiHome for my iPhone and after much pain and suffering actually got my garage doors to open and close with ImperiHome and the plug-in. The problem was that I was following some instructions that said to use a security device, when I really needed to use an on/off device.

My current problem is that the garage door controllers look like door locks in ImperiHome, rather than like garage doors. In the web interface for HS3 they look like garage doors, with open and closed icons. In ImperiHome they look like a lock with lock and unlock buttons. That is NOT intuitive.

Is there a way to use garage door icons like the one's in HS3?

If not, how about adding it?

Thanks,
    Don

Don,
    Came across your post looking for something else.
    If you haven't already figured this out you can easily change the Icon in Imperihome by click and holding the icon. Then "Configuration" and "Change Icon". From there you can select the Garage Door Icon which is a dual state icon showing both open and closed. (or you could upload your own 2 icons)

Cheers!
    Darren

Comment

Originally posted by WinoOutWest View Post
      Don,
      Came across your post looking for something else.
      If you haven't already figured this out you can easily change the Icon in Imperihome by click and holding the icon. Then "Configuration" and "Change Icon". From there you can select the Garage Door Icon which is a dual state icon showing both open and closed. (or you could upload your own 2 icons)

Cheers!
      Darren
      Hi Darren,

Thanks for the info but it doesn't work. I have already done what you suggest; the icon goes through the change from closed to open, but once the door stops moving, IH shows the closed state, whether the door is closed or open! So there is something wrong in the IH app such that the door state always appears closed, except while actually in motion.

Also, the app only has one choice for icon; the icon has the movement built in. The author of the Homeseer plug-in suggested a work-around to setup two devices, one a monitor and one a switch. I'll see if that works.

Weird.

Thanks anyway,
      Don

Comment

I'm experiencing the same problem.
        Did you ever find a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
          I'm experiencing the same problem.
          Did you ever find a solution?
          No. I also tried Imperihome tech support and never got a response.

Comment

see my answer there: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...83#post1286283

Comment

Working...
            X