Blue Iris Cameras in Imperihome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Iris Cameras in Imperihome

I for the life of me had this working on Vera... but now it seems really hit or miss.

Trying to add each camera as it's own system in IH, then use what i though were the right URLs to grab the image from BI. After setting that up, will show up as a device in IH.

so i have these URLs from BI. what am i missing?

JPEG URL* http://BlueIrisIP:BI_Port/image/CameraShortName
    MJPEG URL* http://BlueIrisIP:BI_Port1/mjpeg/Cam...ame/video.mjpg

I have a mix of IP cams, hikavisions,and Armcrests.. and all see to have their own protocol. Thought this would be the easiest way.

I've been wanting this to work for sometime and have been unsuccessful as well. Your post prompted me to revisit this and I think this is a problem with the plug-in. If you add the cameras as a system in the Imperihome app they work.

I pasted the exact same URLs that I have in the HomeSeer plug-in into Imperihome and they worked great.

Can we get this fixed?

Thanks,
    AJ

Comment

Originally posted by ajgyomber View Post
      I've been wanting this to work for sometime and have been unsuccessful as well. Your post prompted me to revisit this and I think this is a problem with the plug-in. If you add the cameras as a system in the Imperihome app they work.

I pasted the exact same URLs that I have in the HomeSeer plug-in into Imperihome and they worked great.

Can we get this fixed?

Thanks,
      AJ
      AJ... which homeseer plugin are you taking about where it works (i'm new). also, if you don't mind, can you share the URLs that you used?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        AJ... which homeseer plugin are you taking about where it works (i'm new). also, if you don't mind, can you share the URLs that you used?

thanks!
        I was referring to the Imperihome plug-in. Instead of configuring the cameras there, I configured them directly in the Imperihome application as a "Camera" system. The only differences is I used the following for the MJPEG URL:

http://BlueIrisIP:BI_Port1/mjpg/Came...ame/video.mjpg

You'll notice there is no "e" in the "mjpg" path.

--AJ

Comment

I was referring to the Imperihome plug-in. Instead of configuring the cameras there, I configured them directly in the Imperihome application as a "Camera" system. The only differences is I used the following for the MJPEG URL:

http://BlueIrisIP:BI_Port1/mjpg/Came...ame/video.mjpg

You'll notice there is no "e" in the "mjpg" path.

--AJ
          I've tried this so many times i might pull my hair out.

in the config wizard to add the camera in the actual IH app, did you put in username and password?

Lastly, in your video path above, you have a "1" in the Port.. is that a type?

In blueiris, on the webserver page, what do you have authentication set to (mind is "all connections") and do you have Secure Only checked? (I don't).

Comment

I finally got this working. I had to force local connection mode from each camera I setup in IH and then it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
              I finally got this working. I had to force local connection mode from each camera I setup in IH and then it worked.
              You got it working as a "System" in the Imperihome app or via the Imperihome HomeSeer plug-in settings?

Comment

You got it working as a "System" in the Imperihome app or via the Imperihome HomeSeer plug-in settings?

As a system in the IH settings. Didn't try it in the plugin settings once i figured this out, although "local mode" may also allow it to work that way. Let us know if you try that out?

Comment

BI cam in IH: stream works but not static (jpg)

So I've had success getting the video stream to display in IH for a specific camera and that's great. Set it up as a system with the URLs as specified above (thank you!) and the "static cam" widget displays the video stream when tapped but the "live cam" widget shows nothing.

local JPEG URL:
                  http://BI_IP:BI_PORT/image/CAM_SHORT_NAME

icon shows a spinning circle that eventually throws an error saying it can't find image.

Any ideas?

Comment

I've been trying to get IH cameras to work as well. They can be added manually to IH as a system and work no problem. When added via the IH plugin they do not work and give an error of "can not open stream". Like a few others I've found that any camera requiring authentication doesn't seem to work when added via the plugin.

If I disable all authentication on the camera I can add it successfully via the plugin. It seems as if credentials aren't getting transmitted successfully.

It's by no means the end of the world but the plugin has been otherwise flawless for me and I'd love to see if this could be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by khancock View Post
                      I've been trying to get IH cameras to work as well. They can be added manually to IH as a system and work no problem. When added via the IH plugin they do not work and give an error of "can not open stream". Like a few others I've found that any camera requiring authentication doesn't seem to work when added via the plugin.

If I disable all authentication on the camera I can add it successfully via the plugin. It seems as if credentials aren't getting transmitted successfully.

It's by no means the end of the world but the plugin has been otherwise flawless for me and I'd love to see if this could be addressed.
                      I can reproduce this problem, unfortunately everything looks good on the plugin side, i.e the credentials are transmitted. I have just contacted IH support to see if they can help with this problem, I will let you know if I get any answer.

Comment

there were multiple issues, it should now work as expected with version 3.0.0.19 available here

additionally on Android you will have to install the IH Beta version 2.8.6 which has been released today.

Comment

Hi Spud,
                          Thank you for the update.
                          How do I get the IH beta?
                          Do I have to join their beta program?

Comment

Originally posted by doppiaemme View Post
                            Hi Spud,
                            Thank you for the update.
                            How do I get the IH beta?
                            Do I have to join their beta program?
                            yes: https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en...cles/203063998

or you can wait for the official release, they said it should released it soon.

Comment

Hi

I'm resurrecting this thread as I don't seem to have any luck making cameras work within the plugin.
                              Cameras are configured correctly however the imperihome app always gets me an error "Error while reading MJPEG Stream. Could not connect to the server".
                              With debug loggin enabled I can see the keys passed to the app look like:

{"key":"localmjpegurl","value":"http://userassw@192.168.x.y:z/mjpg/camera_name/video.mjpg"},

That URL opens up fine in a browser but not in the app

Any idea how to make it work?? is this an issue with the app?

Comment

Working...
                              X