Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

InControl For Windows Phone 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Droezel View Post
    I just purchased your plugin and love it, just needs that known bug fixed and it'll work great.

    Maybe you could also redesign the app a bit to match the metro UI, for example:


    Droezel, thanks for the feedback. I hope to get the update on within 2 weeks. I will add the Metro UI look to the feature request list, as well.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
      Would also be interested in this option. Update? Did not see a reply just yet.

      Thanks!
      Dafunktyfunk, I have not yet started looking into interfacing with security systems. From my investigation so far, each one does things differently within its Plug-In.

      With the next release, you will have more control over devices, however, which may be able to give you some of the capability you are looking for. And assuming the DSC interface creates HomeSeer devices representing their status (i.e. Open/Close), you can already get those to display through WP7. Just let me know if you need help setting those up.

      Thanks!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by lamanmi View Post
        Dafunktyfunk, I have not yet started looking into interfacing with security systems. From my investigation so far, each one does things differently within its Plug-In.

        With the next release, you will have more control over devices, however, which may be able to give you some of the capability you are looking for. And assuming the DSC interface creates HomeSeer devices representing their status (i.e. Open/Close), you can already get those to display through WP7. Just let me know if you need help setting those up.

        Thanks!
        Thanks!

        Btw, on your website for incontrol, you have a broken link when you click on more information for the sagetv plugin. Where it says click here for more info...

        Something about a control panel and an expired session...
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

        Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

        Comment


        • #34
          That update must be getting mighty close by now...

          Comment


          • #35
            Yes, very close. It is currently going through Microsoft's App review. Should be any day now.

            Michael

            Originally posted by jimcu View Post
            That update must be getting mighty close by now...

            Comment


            • #36
              Installed the update and all is working fine, thanks!

              Comment


              • #37
                Great to hear!!

                Originally posted by Droezel View Post
                Installed the update and all is working fine, thanks!

                Comment


                • #38
                  When I click on a device the app just closes. No error or other indication of a problem. I set the logging to verbose in HomeSeer but don't see any entries when I click on "Log" from the HomeSeer menu.

                  +1 on Metro. I especially like swiping left/right for scenes, rooms, devices. Drilling in/out is a little tedius.



                  Thanks for building this tho! It's much appreciated.



                  -Dave

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Livingston,

                    Please update to 1.2.1 in HomeSeer (no change to the Windows Phone 7 app) and see if that resolves your problem.

                    Will definitly be working on Metro and taking advantage of swiping in an upcoming version.

                    Thanks!

                    Originally posted by Livingston View Post
                    When I click on a device the app just closes. No error or other indication of a problem. I set the logging to verbose in HomeSeer but don't see any entries when I click on "Log" from the HomeSeer menu.

                    +1 on Metro. I especially like swiping left/right for scenes, rooms, devices. Drilling in/out is a little tedius.



                    Thanks for building this tho! It's much appreciated.



                    -Dave

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Thermostat Setup?

                      I have one z-wave t-stat setup in my Living Room. I've updated the latest client and HS Server versions but it's not setup correctly within InControl. Under the location Living Room I have the thermostat button and once pressed I see a template status screen but it's blank (says device unkown)... But on the main locations screen there's a blank button which once press shows another blank button and again once pressed shows the control screen for the t-stat... Clearly I have it defined differently then InControl is excepting...

                      Any help/suggestions would be great!!

                      -John

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        John,

                        Sorry you are having difficulties, each Thermostat plugin is implemented slightly differently, so I suspect it is somethign specific with the Zwave that InControl is not accounting for.

                        Can post your hspi_incontrol.ini file (typically found in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config directory)? This will allow me to replicate your set up on my test system.

                        Also, it would be very helpful if you enable InControl's logging (http://<homeseer server>/InControl_Sage_config and set Log Level to 3), then on your phone bring up the device. This will add some additional debug information to the HomeSeer log, then post the results here.

                        Thanks!


                        Originally posted by johnoc View Post
                        I have one z-wave t-stat setup in my Living Room. I've updated the latest client and HS Server versions but it's not setup correctly within InControl. Under the location Living Room I have the thermostat button and once pressed I see a template status screen but it's blank (says device unkown)... But on the main locations screen there's a blank button which once press shows another blank button and again once pressed shows the control screen for the t-stat... Clearly I have it defined differently then InControl is excepting...

                        Any help/suggestions would be great!!

                        -John

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Sorry for the delay and thanks again for looking into the t-stat issue. Let me know if I can provide any additional details...

                          -John
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Can I use the plugin to power on my HD100?
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                            Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              John,

                              Thanks. I was out of town earlier in the week, but will take a look at this today or tomrorow and let you know if I can determine the issue.

                              Mike


                              Originally posted by johnoc View Post
                              Sorry for the delay and thanks again for looking into the t-stat issue. Let me know if I can provide any additional details...

                              -John

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                John,

                                On the Thermostat configuration page (http://<HomeSeerServer>/InControl_Sage?mode=THERMO), make sure there is something entered in the "Custom Location" and "Custom Name" text boxes.

                                I'll add a default in there for the next version, but if you populate those, the buttons should get labels.

                                Other than the labels, is the thermostat functionality working OK?

                                Thanks for your feedback!

                                Originally posted by johnoc View Post
                                Sorry for the delay and thanks again for looking into the t-stat issue. Let me know if I can provide any additional details...

                                -John

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X