Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

InControl For Windows Phone 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Thanks Mike...

    I added a Custom Location and Name on the t-stat configuration page and that did eliminate the blank buttons. Unfortunately under the location of Living Room I now have two buttons named Thermostat, each with a blank icon and a status that reads unknown. Unlike before when I had the same issue under the Living Room location, there was that blank location and under that a blank device, which when press did give me the t-stat controls. So now, no ability to get to the controls, but two buttons under Living Room and both with a no status. I feel like it must just be the way I have the t-stat defined or something easy!! Any suggestions would be great!

    -John

    Comment


    • #47
      Just as I suspected... Under the t-stat device, I had checked Show Device in Windows Phone 7... Once I un-checked Show Device, I now only have one t-stat under Living Room and I can get to the controls... Problem seems solved. Is there a way not to have the InControl options displayed under a t-stat device?

      -John

      Comment


      • #48
        John,

        Great to hear that solved the problem. I suspect if you change the Custom Name in the thermostat to something different than the name of your homeseer t-stat device, that may have also solved the problem by showing both.

        Can you further explain what you are looking to do? Are you looking to have thermostat controls listed with a t-stat homeseer device?

        Michael



        Originally posted by johnoc View Post
        Just as I suspected... Under the t-stat device, I had checked Show Device in Windows Phone 7... Once I un-checked Show Device, I now only have one t-stat under Living Room and I can get to the controls... Problem seems solved. Is there a way not to have the InControl options displayed under a t-stat device?

        -John

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Droezel View Post
          I just purchased your plugin and love it, just needs that known bug fixed and it'll work great.

          Maybe you could also redesign the app a bit to match the metro UI, for example:

          Fantastic app! With a little firewall and DNS trickery I'm able to run the app on my home WiFi and when I'm out of the house. I like the UI, but I'd like add a +1 on requesting the Metro UI. I think that would make the app a perfect fit for the WP7.

          Thanks again! Awesome job!

          Cheers,
          Mike

          Comment


          • #50
            Mike,

            Thanks for the feedback....the Metro UI will be in a future version!

            Michael


            Originally posted by michmill View Post
            Fantastic app! With a little firewall and DNS trickery I'm able to run the app on my home WiFi and when I'm out of the house. I like the UI, but I'd like add a +1 on requesting the Metro UI. I think that would make the app a perfect fit for the WP7.

            Thanks again! Awesome job!

            Cheers,
            Mike

            Comment


            • #51
              Great plug-in. It only took me a minute of playing around with it to decide to buy it.

              I think it would be great to start a wish list thread... Maybe your list and allow others to add.

              I would like to be able to see the status by locaion rather than have to go into each locaction and then each device. (I want less clicks). Maybe the metro interface suggestion may be able to solve that somewhat.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by humphreysr View Post
                Great plug-in. It only took me a minute of playing around with it to decide to buy it.

                I think it would be great to start a wish list thread... Maybe your list and allow others to add.

                I would like to be able to see the status by locaion rather than have to go into each locaction and then each device. (I want less clicks). Maybe the metro interface suggestion may be able to solve that somewhat.
                Humphreysr,

                Thanks for the feedback!! I will add a new Wish List thread to get things going and it is perfect timing as I am starting to ramp up my development on the next version of Windows Phone (7.5 / Mango).

                Comment


                • #53
                  Unable to control my Kwikset Zwave lock

                  I purchased a Kwikset zwave lock, and set it up. like my other devices to control via InControl, and I see the appropriate buttons on the WP7 device. However, when I select the various options NOTHING happens with the lock, although the actions are logged below.

                  If I go in with the Homeseer client, I am able to lock and unlock the device no problem. (Also shown in the log below)

                  Any ideas? I thought maybe the signal wasn't being routed, so I purchased a GE/Jasco outlet that supports beaming and installed that. I see less warnings in my logs, but again, it did not help InControl. Could it have to do with the fact it is not sending a value of 255 to lock the door? How do I change the values that the Lock command sends? When I do the edit pair mappings lock is associated with 255.

                  Let me know if you need any more info to troubleshoot.
                  Arthur

                  9/16/2011 6:13:19 PM Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: x.x.x.x User: wp7
                  9/16/2011 6:13:22 PM Device Update Device: Outside Side Yard Door Lock Alarm value set to 25
                  9/16/2011 6:13:22 PM Device Update Device: Outside Side Yard Door Lock Status set to OFF
                  9/16/2011 6:13:35 PM Device Control Command sent to Outside Side Yard Door Lock: Q5 ON Dimval: 0 Data: 0
                  9/16/2011 6:14:07 PM Device Control Command sent to Outside Side Yard Door Lock: Q5 OFF Dimval: 0 Data: 0
                  9/16/2011 6:14:58 PM Web Server Web Server authorized local login successful from: x.x.x.x User: admin
                  9/16/2011 6:14:58 PM Device Control Device: Outside Side Yard Door Lock (Q5) Value set to 255
                  9/16/2011 6:15:03 PM Device Update Device: Outside Side Yard Door Lock Alarm value set to 24
                  9/16/2011 6:15:03 PM Device Update Device: Outside Side Yard Door Lock Status set to ON
                  9/16/2011 6:15:04 PM Device Control Device: Outside Side Yard Door Lock (Q5) Value set to 0
                  9/16/2011 6:15:16 PM Device Update Device: Outside Side Yard Door Lock Alarm value set to 25
                  9/16/2011 6:15:16 PM Device Update Device: Outside Side Yard Door Lock Status set to OFF

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Arthurya,

                    Thanks for the feedback. The plug in did not previously support device "value" changes. I have added that and uploaded version 1.2.2.

                    Please be sure to backup your HomeSeer directory then upgrade to 1.2.2. After starting HomeSeer, make sure your device configuration for that door lock within HomeSeer is similar to the attached and be sure to resave the configuration so the updated values get set.

                    Let me know how it goes.

                    Thanks!



                    Originally posted by arthurya View Post
                    I purchased a Kwikset zwave lock, and set it up. like my other devices to control via InControl, and I see the appropriate buttons on the WP7 device. However, when I select the various options NOTHING happens with the lock, although the actions are logged below.

                    If I go in with the Homeseer client, I am able to lock and unlock the device no problem. (Also shown in the log below)

                    Any ideas? I thought maybe the signal wasn't being routed, so I purchased a GE/Jasco outlet that supports beaming and installed that. I see less warnings in my logs, but again, it did not help InControl. Could it have to do with the fact it is not sending a value of 255 to lock the door? How do I change the values that the Lock command sends? When I do the edit pair mappings lock is associated with 255.

                    Let me know if you need any more info to troubleshoot.
                    Arthur
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by lamanmi View Post
                      Please be sure to backup your HomeSeer directory then upgrade to 1.2.2. After starting HomeSeer, make sure your device configuration for that door lock within HomeSeer is similar to the attached and be sure to resave the configuration so the updated values get set.
                      I did the upgrade, and restarted HomeSeer. I made sure my settings are similar to your screenshots. Now, when I hit the "Lock" or "Unlock" button from the WP7 app, NOTHING gets even sent to the HomeSeer log file...and obviously nothing happens with the door lock itself.

                      Let me know what you need to help trouble-shoot this further.

                      ?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Arthurya,

                        Thanks. It appears that controlling the ZWave Lock from within a plug in is not working using the typical approach. I have a support ticket open with HS to see what the right approach should be.

                        Will let you know.

                        Originally posted by arthurya View Post
                        I did the upgrade, and restarted HomeSeer. I made sure my settings are similar to your screenshots. Now, when I hit the "Lock" or "Unlock" button from the WP7 app, NOTHING gets even sent to the HomeSeer log file...and obviously nothing happens with the door lock itself.

                        Let me know what you need to help trouble-shoot this further.

                        ?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Arthurya,

                          Please try the InControl HomeSeer PlugIn version 1.2.3. This should correct the problem. You should be able to leave all of your settings the same as you previously had when you tried version 1.2.2.

                          Let me know how it goes.

                          Originally posted by arthurya View Post
                          I purchased a Kwikset zwave lock, and set it up. like my other devices to control via InControl, and I see the appropriate buttons on the WP7 device. However, when I select the various options NOTHING happens with the lock, although the actions are logged below.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Success...with only one minor issue. The door lock now responds to LOCK and UNLOCK commands, but the status does not change after the action. I either have to refresh, or go back and then forward again.

                            Thanks!!
                            Arthur

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Hello,

                              I want to use this great add-on, but it's not available in the dutch marketplace of Windows Phone 7.5. Can you please publish in also there? I cannot use it now...

                              Thanks

                              Remco

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I second Remco's request, at the moment I cannot see the app in the marketplace of my Lumia 800. thanks in advance...

                                Martijn.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X