InControl For Windows Phone 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Nice plug-in, especially now HStouch for WP7 is not (yet?) available.

But now I have a warning every few minutes in the log:

21-11-2010 19:29:35 ~!~Warning~!~Plug-in InControl_Sage not responding, #4 callbacks cancelled

Also, when I select a device of type "temperature" on the phone, the app closes immediately without error.

Also, can I define custom device types? I have a lot of sunscreens devices, and I am missing a nice icon for that...
    stefxx

Comment

Sddroog,

For the callback error, can you confirm that you have downloaded InControl_WP7 (and not InControl which is for the Sage DVR software)? If you do have InControl_WP7, then can you to the following:

- Go to the InControl configuration in HomeSeer (http://<homeseer>/InControl_Sage_config)
      - Enter 3 in the Log Level
      - Click Save
      - Close and restart HomeSeer
      - Review/post your log results from the start up to the error below.

For the device, can you go into that device in HomeSeer, scroll to the bottom and click "InControl Device Information". Note the file name and path. At the bottom of that page, is an Export button. Then attach that file to the forum. This will let me recreate that exact device in my test system to see where the issue is.

Thanks!

Originally posted by sddroog View Post
      Hi,

Nice plug-in, especially now HStouch for WP7 is not (yet?) available.

But now I have a warning every few minutes in the log:

21-11-2010 19:29:35 ~!~Warning~!~Plug-in InControl_Sage not responding, #4 callbacks cancelled

Also, when I select a device of type "temperature" on the phone, the app closes immediately without error.

Also, can I define custom device types? I have a lot of sunscreens devices, and I am missing a nice icon for that...

Comment

Ok, that was stupid. Installed the wrong plugin...

I can't do the export right now, but as I am in europe, could it be a decimal point/comma thing? It won't be the first program that crashes on me because of that

If it is something else, I will try to do the export tommorow.

Thanks!
        stefxx

Comment

Event causes InControl for WP7 to crash/exit

I have defined an event that turns on my Sonos music system. I can test the event through the HSPro console and associated switch, and it works fine.

I can add the event to the InControl settings, and it shows up in the appropriate group/room as "Living Room Music".

However, if I click on the button in the app, the application crashes and exits. The action is not completed either.

Any idea what is going on? The relevant trace logs are listed below.

Thanks
          Arthur

11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 32.173.215.66 User: wp7
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 TRACE: Entering ReturnDevices
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Patio Lights
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Floor Lamp
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Entrance Lights
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Ceiling Lights
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Center Lights
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Exhaust Fan
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Fireplace Spotlight
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Floor Lamp
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Living Room Music
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Torchier Floor Lamp
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Table Lamps
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 DEBUG: Adding Light
          11/24/2010 11:30:15 AM InControl_WP7 TRACE: Exiting ReturnDevices
          11/24/2010 11:30:22 AM InControl_WP7 TRACE: Entering ReturnDevice
          11/24/2010 11:30:22 AM InControl_WP7 TRACE: Exiting ReturnDevice

Comment

Ok, it seems to happen to all devices connected to RFXcom. I attached one off them to this message. Could it be the \ prefix?

Thanks again!
            Attached Files
            stefxx

Comment

Sddroog,

I think I found the problem. WP7 is not expecting HTML in the status string. I will modify the HomeSeer plugin to strip out the HTML. In the mean time, can you go into that device, and for the "Status Information To Send" option, select Device Value. Then try it again and see if the application will show a raw number.

Ok, it seems to happen to all devices connected to RFXcom. I attached one off them to this message. Could it be the \ prefix?

Thanks again!

Comment

Arthur,

Thanks for the log. I have found the problem. This will be fixed in the next version of the InControl HomeSeer plugin.

Originally posted by arthurya View Post
                I have defined an event that turns on my Sonos music system. I can test the event through the HSPro console and associated switch, and it works fine.

I can add the event to the InControl settings, and it shows up in the appropriate group/room as "Living Room Music".

However, if I click on the button in the app, the application crashes and exits. The action is not completed either.

Any idea what is going on? The relevant trace logs are listed below.

Thanks
                Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by lamanmi View Post
                  In the mean time, can you go into that device, and for the "Status Information To Send" option, select Device Value. Then try it again and see if the application will show a raw number.
                  No, it doesn't matter what I select (Device Status, Device String or Device Value), it will always crash the client.
                  stefxx

Comment

I've got my devices working, very cool. Is there going to be support for events anytime soon? I control things mostly through events and not through individual devices.....

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chadg View Post
                      I've got my devices working, very cool. Is there going to be support for events anytime soon? I control things mostly through events and not through individual devices.....

Thanks.
                      According to the plug-in description, this should be available now:
                      Product Overview

Main Features
                      • Control and/or monitor any device in HomeSeer from Windows Phone 7
                      • Start any Event in HomeSeer from Windows Phone 7
                      • Secure connection via HomeSeer user id and password
                      • Custom graphic library included for Windows Phone 7
                      • This software is NOT free to HomeSeer PRO-Series users.

Comment

I don't see anywhere to see my events only devices. Am I missing something? I don't see any custom properties like in devices to make them show up.

Comment

OK, I found where to configuire events. I did that for two of them. They came down to the client, but when I click on them the app just crashes.

Comment

Chadg,

I was out of town for work last week, but know where the bug is. It will be fixed in the next version which should be out in a week or so.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by chadg View Post
                            OK, I found where to configuire events. I did that for two of them. They came down to the client, but when I click on them the app just crashes.

Comment

I just purchased your plugin and love it, just needs that known bug fixed and it'll work great.

Maybe you could also redesign the app a bit to match the metro UI, for example:

Comment

Originally posted by arthurya View Post
                                ... integrating my DSC home security system. Does the InControl app support that?

A
                                Would also be interested in this option. Update? Did not see a reply just yet.

Thanks!
                                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Working...
                                X