InControl For Windows Phone 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin/Remco,

I would recommend that you checkout the version I am releasing to Beta (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...374#post995374), I plant to release this application to all the countries available in the Windows Phone Marketplace.

Thanks!

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
    I second Remco's request, at the moment I cannot see the app in the marketplace of my Lumia 800. thanks in advance...

Martijn.

Comment

Hi

I have used the updater to download the server-side app- it says it is installing successfully but then HS does not find it while booting up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

brenton.prettejohn,

Let's check the following:

1) On the HomeSeer Setup/Interfaces page, make sure the InControl For WP7 is enabled (you should see an enabled button indicating it is enabled) and that the version is 2.0.3.

2) If that looks good, check your main HomeSeer directory (something like C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2.0) and make sure you have HSPI_INCONTROL_WP7.dll, HSPI_INCONTROL_WP7.pdb and HSPI_INCONTROL_WP7.xml.

Let me know the results.

Originally posted by brenton.prettejohn View Post
        Hi

I have used the updater to download the server-side app- it says it is installing successfully but then HS does not find it while booting up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

No it is not getting that far.

What I mean is that as HS is booting up it is not in the list of 'found pluggins'. So it is not even in the interfaces page for my to enable.

**Solution** For some reason it copied the files to the x86 directory- I copied them to the correct one and it seems ok now.

Thanks

Comment

Hi

I have it working now but the links for the instructions seem to be going to a Sage pluggin.

I cant find out how to set this up- port number etc.

Also it is asking me to update to version 1.0.1.3 or later, is this because the phone has the old version?
            Thanks
            Last edited by brenton.prettejohn; January 9, 2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Hi

I have it working now but the links for the instructions seem to be going to a Sage pluggin.

I cant find out how to set this up- port number etc.

Also it is asking me to update to version 1.0.1.3 or later, is this because the phone has the old version?
              Thanks
              I still have no solution to these issues. I have the latest version from HS, and W7 update says my phone is up to date. The only error message I can find is the suggestion that I update to an older version or the can't connect one...

Help please

Thanks

Comment

Brenton,

Please try this:

1) Through the web browser, go to the InControl WP7 Plugin Settings (http://<homeseer server>/InControl_WP7_config) and change the log level to 3.

2) Exit out and start HomeSeer

3) Through your Windows Phone InControl app, try to make a connection to the HomeSeer (maybe remove and re-add the homeseer server on the phone).

4) Post or send me the InControlHS.log file that will be in your HomeSeer Directory.

Thanks!

I still have no solution to these issues. I have the latest version from HS, and W7 update says my phone is up to date. The only error message I can find is the suggestion that I update to an older version or the can't connect one...

Help please

Thanks

Comment

I seem to be having a problem with agent trying to 'Find live tiles' on the device and then the agent timing out and it not updating the location. This is weird since the location gets updated first byt the agent. About 90% of my entries time out by the agent after looking for live tiles - I don't have any pinned, just the InControl app itself. Any ideas?

Comment

walshy002000,

Sorry to hear you are having issues, here are a few questions/things to try:

To confirm, in the log you seee "Finding live tiles" and then "Agent timed out" right after it?

Do the HomeSeer location virtual devices actually get updated (check their date and time of the last updated) when the agent times out?

In the app settings, homeseer servers, try unchecking the "Allow location to be sent to the server" and see if the agent still times out.

Do you just have one homeseer server listed in the settings?

Originally posted by walshy002000 View Post
                    I seem to be having a problem with agent trying to 'Find live tiles' on the device and then the agent timing out and it not updating the location. This is weird since the location gets updated first byt the agent. About 90% of my entries time out by the agent after looking for live tiles - I don't have any pinned, just the InControl app itself. Any ideas?

Comment

Correct, log shows "finding live tiles" and then about 13 seconds later "Agent timed out" (the first few "start agent", "sending location", etc. all happen within 2 seconds). Sometimes the location gets updated with my current location (mainly when I'm at home in the morning, but still sometimes not then) - I think it's timing out when I'm on 3G. I'll try disabling the location and see if it still times out.

Also there's a bug on the log files screen, if you have a large number of logs that the screen has to scroll, the newest file is always just off the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Thanks. I'm going to add some additional logic to the next version such that if there are to live tiles to update it does not do an extra call and will also change the logging some to make it more clear so we can find exactly where the issue is. On thing you can do in the mean time, is make sure that the InControl Log Level (InControl Settings in HomeSeer is set to 0) to make sure any extra logging is not slowing down the response time.

Also, thanks for the note on the bug on the log screen, I will add that to the fix log.

Correct, log shows "finding live tiles" and then about 13 seconds later "Agent timed out" (the first few "start agent", "sending location", etc. all happen within 2 seconds). Sometimes the location gets updated with my current location (mainly when I'm at home in the morning, but still sometimes not then) - I think it's timing out when I'm on 3G. I'll try disabling the location and see if it still times out.

Also there's a bug on the log files screen, if you have a large number of logs that the screen has to scroll, the newest file is always just off the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Would it also be possible to clear the logs (I couldn't see such a button atm)? Wanted to check what's been happening since I disabled location but I can't access the most recent days logs given the previous scrolling bug ><

Comment

Walshy002000,

Yes, to delete a log, long press on the log file name and then you will see a delete option.

Thanks!

Would it also be possible to clear the logs (I couldn't see such a button atm)? Wanted to check what's been happening since I disabled location but I can't access the most recent days logs given the previous scrolling bug ><

Comment

Ah should've known. I can't seem to delete the very top log file (tap-hold doesn't bring up the context menu) - not sure if this is related to the issue of it showing the last item off the bottom of the screen or not?

Since I've turned off location the agent isn't timing out anymore. I'm at work today so I'll see how it goes then turn location back on tomorrow and see if it times out again.

Comment

I'm releasing a new version today which will fix up the functionality with the logs screens.....

Ah should've known. I can't seem to delete the very top log file (tap-hold doesn't bring up the context menu) - not sure if this is related to the issue of it showing the last item off the bottom of the screen or not?

Since I've turned off location the agent isn't timing out anymore. I'm at work today so I'll see how it goes then turn location back on tomorrow and see if it times out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X