Plugin: InControl For Windows Phone 7/HomeSeer - Version 2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soulxfer,

I have not tried it myself, but I did make sure that "https" was fully allowed. As long as you put that in the HomeSeer URL, you should be good. If you try it, let me know how it works.

Originally posted by soulxfer View Post
    Does Incontrol WP7 support HTTPS? I have Z-wave locks, so dont want anything non-SSL

Comment

Originally posted by lamanmi View Post
      Darren,

I'm uploading a new version now that should address this issue.

Thanks..have downloaded and will give it a try.

Comment

SSL (https) works perfectly for me with InControl. Make sure you load the certificate on your phone first. The easiest way is to email it to yourself.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up Kevin. Question, are you using the stock ssl cert that comes with HS, or do you have one you created?

The reason I am asking is I use the stock one when I access homeseer from the web and get the SSL warnings on the browser side. Does that cause problems?
          Paul

Comment

I created a cert by following these instructions:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=108130

You can make a cert using windows cert services too but the instructions above work fine.

I did not try with the stock cert, it should work if you can email it to your phone. To avoid the SSL warnings on the browser you need to import the cert onto your PC too.

Comment

All seems to work fine, however I can't figure out how to get the "InControl Devices" in homeseer? Like the location or the Google Maps device?
              stefxx

Comment

Sddroog,

Did you enable the "Send Location To HomeSeer" option (second one on the background settings)? The background processing for Windows Phone happens every 30-60 minutes, so after this is enabled and after that period of time, the devices should get created automatically in HomeSeer.

Originally posted by sddroog View Post
                All seems to work fine, however I can't figure out how to get the "InControl Devices" in homeseer? Like the location or the Google Maps device?

Comment

Hi lamanmi,

I was just about to confirm that I did select "Send Location To HomeSeer" several hours ago, without any luck. Just before I hit "Submit Reply" I noticed a notification on the phone from InControl, and I checked Homeseer again. And this time the devices were there!

Not sure why it took so long. But it is working now, thanks!
                  stefxx

Comment

I have this ongoing issue where I'll open the application and all the settings including the server info are blank, wondering if anyone else has/is having the same issue?

Comment

sbwright,

I have not seen this issue before. Have you tried removing the app and reinstallnig?

Can you provide a few more details on your setup that may be helpful in debugging:

- What type/model phone do you have
                      - What is the OS version on the phone (go to Settings/About and click on More Info) and provide the "OS version"
                      - Also while you are on that screen, how much "Available storage" is listed?

Thanks!

Originally posted by sbwright View Post
                      I have this ongoing issue where I'll open the application and all the settings including the server info are blank, wondering if anyone else has/is having the same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by lamanmi View Post
                        sbwright,

I have not seen this issue before. Have you tried removing the app and reinstallnig?

Can you provide a few more details on your setup that may be helpful in debugging:

- What type/model phone do you have
                        - What is the OS version on the phone (go to Settings/About and click on More Info) and provide the "OS version"
                        - Also while you are on that screen, how much "Available storage" is listed?

Thanks!
                        lamanmi,

Yes tried removing and reinstalling didn't help.

Phone Type/model - Samsung Focus (SGH-i917R)

OS version(7.5) - 7.10.8107.79

Available storage - 18.88 GB

InControl client version - 2.2.0.0

InControl/Homeseer version - 2.0.5.0

Thanks, for any help.

Comment

Working...
                        X