New User With Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User With Questions

I recently moved to a Windows Mango phone (and love it!) and am giving InControl a try and I have a few questions.

1.) My wife will most likely be moving to a Windows phone in the near future as well. If I purchase InControl is that a single license or can two phones connect with one license?

2.) Do you plan to add Music support? We use the Sonos plugin (great plugin!) and we could control it flawlessly with the default Homeseer app on android.

3.) This may be something unique to my install, but when I was enabling devices for InControl it seems some didn't "stick" and I had to enable them a few times.

4.) I have rooms on different floors that are named the same, but I can't see a way to include the floor on Incontrol and as a result I have a couple of Bedrooms, Bathrooms, etc that I can tell apart in Homeseer as they are on different floors.

5.) Would it be possible to navigate by floor first, then room?

This looks like a great plugin and I thank you for all your hard work.

Sifuhall,

Thanks for the message. See below:

1.) InControl would allow multiple phones to connect to it. The only catch would be that the same HomeSeer devices would be visible to both phones.

2.) No immediate plans, however, I'll take a look at the Sonos plugin to see how I could potentially incorprate that functionality.

3.) I haven't seen this occur, can you recreate the problem or does it only happen some times? Does it happen to only certain devices?

4.) InControl does not support Floors at this point. You can set up a "custom location" and/or name that is only used by InControl to further specify the floors. I'll look to see how we can do Floor functionality in the future.

5.) Same as above, you can maybe emulate some of that functioanlity by entering custom locations for devices, but I will look to add that in the future.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by sifuhall View Post
    I recently moved to a Windows Mango phone (and love it!) and am giving InControl a try and I have a few questions.

1.) My wife will most likely be moving to a Windows phone in the near future as well. If I purchase InControl is that a single license or can two phones connect with one license?

2.) Do you plan to add Music support? We use the Sonos plugin (great plugin!) and we could control it flawlessly with the default Homeseer app on android.

3.) This may be something unique to my install, but when I was enabling devices for InControl it seems some didn't "stick" and I had to enable them a few times.

4.) I have rooms on different floors that are named the same, but I can't see a way to include the floor on Incontrol and as a result I have a couple of Bedrooms, Bathrooms, etc that I can tell apart in Homeseer as they are on different floors.

5.) Would it be possible to navigate by floor first, then room?

This looks like a great plugin and I thank you for all your hard work.

Comment

Working...
    X