In Control for Windows 8 and WP 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Control for Windows 8 and WP 8?

Are there any plans for a windows 8 (RT) version of In Control?
    Would be nice to have a metro app which would work on my Surface.

Also Im planning for a new windows Phone 8 (lumia 920); is In Control ready for wp 8?

InControl works just fine on WP8. I have a Lumia 920 and the family 820's and it works great.

Comment

InControl is working on my Nokia Lumia 920 just fine as well.

Comment

Suddenly_ike,

Yes, we are in progess of creating a Windows 8 (RT) App (also known as a Windows Store App). We do not yet have a target date for completion, but I will certainly post updates here when it is available.

Thanks!

Originally posted by suddenly_ike View Post
        Are there any plans for a windows 8 (RT) version of In Control?
        Would be nice to have a metro app which would work on my Surface.

Also Im planning for a new windows Phone 8 (lumia 920); is In Control ready for wp 8?

Comment

This is very good news and I look forward to testing it!

Comment

Yes, I currently use Win8 on multiple PCs including a touch tablet and planning on getting a Microsoft Surface so this is certainly very good news. Looking forward to the new app.

Comment

+ 1 for a Windows Store app.

Comment

I've got two Surface devices, let me know if you need beta testers....

Comment

Yes, I now have a Win RT Surface device as well and would be willing to beta test an InControl app.

Comment

Any news yet?

Comment

InControl for Windows 8/RT Beta Launched

Thanks for everyone's patience, take a look.....http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158850

Comment

InControl on Surface RT

I currently use InControl on my HTC 8X and was happy to see InControl in the Windows Store. It works on my Surface RT device when connected to my home network using port 80, but I'm unable to connect externally when using https over port 4443. I have no issue using port 4443 on the Windows Phone app. Are there plans to support SSL and alternative ports in the Windows 8/RT app?

Comment

My homeseer runs on 8081 (non SSL) and works just fine on Windows 8 RT.

Comment

George,

Thanks for trying out the App and sorry to see you having issues. I have not tried it with an SSL connection, but have verified other ports work.

When it does not connect, what message are you seeing in the upper right corner of the app?

When you enter the URL in the App, how are you entering it? Have you tried https://mydomain.com?

Thanks!

Originally posted by george_holmes View Post
                            I currently use InControl on my HTC 8X and was happy to see InControl in the Windows Store. It works on my Surface RT device when connected to my home network using port 80, but I'm unable to connect externally when using https over port 4443. I have no issue using port 4443 on the Windows Phone app. Are there plans to support SSL and alternative ports in the Windows 8/RT app?

Comment

Working...
                            X