X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

App: InControl WinStore App - Version 2.6 (Win 10/8/RT) For HS3

Description:

I am pleased to announce that we have released a version of the InControl Windows Store App (2.5) to the Microsoft Windows Store. The InControl Windows Store App works with the InControl Server Plugin for HomeSeer to provides a real-time, interactive interface between your Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1 or RT device and HomeSeer. With InControl, you are provided with an easy to use, graphical interface to control and monitor any HomeSeer devices no matter where you are. See below for some screenshots.

Features:
    • Includes a demonstration mode, so feel free to try the app now without having to setup HomeSeer
    • Control and/or monitor any HomeSeer devices and events
    • Control and/or monitor any Supported Thermostats in HomeSeer
    • Secure connection via HomeSeer user id and password
    • Ability to access multiple HomeSeer Servers running Plug In
    • Devices can be added as Live Tiles to Start Screen to have direct access and will be updated in the background (every 15 minutes)
    • Thermostats can be added as Live Tiles to Start Screen to show temperature and set points and will be updated in the background (every 15 minutes)
    • Ability to add custom graphics to your devices
    • Supports Windows 8/RT zoom capability to view more devices on one screen
    • Supports Landscape, Portrait and Snapped views

Requirements:
    • HomeSeer InControl Server (and its requirements)
    • Windows 10, 8, 8.1 or RT operating system and compatible device

How To Install
    • Enhancement Requests - Please post any enhancement ideas to this forum.
    • Defect Reports - Please post any bugs or issues to this thread or via PM message.

Version History:

2.6.0.0:
    • Bug Fix - Corrected issues with custom icons not appearing

2.5.0.0:
    • Functionality - Added support for SSL enabled HomeSeer servers

2.4.0.0:
    • Functionality - Initial version compatible with HS3
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lamanmi; January 17, 2016, 03:10 PM.

Happened to have a Win8 tablet dropped on my desk this morning so I thought I would give a shot as I have been using this on a Win7 phone for a bit now. Got the client installed on the tablet and connected to HS. Screen has the "InControl - Test" (Test being the nick name) on the left and "Updated 3/13/2013 8:14 PM" on the right but a completely blank screen. I expected the configured devices and events to show up.... am I missing a step?

I am running 2.0.5 of the PI and .75 HS. The demo mode works fine as well.

I turned up to detailed debug on both the PI and client...

PI had lots and lots of this message but no notion of attachment.

3/13/2013 8:46:17 PM InControl_WP7 TRACE: Exiting HSEvent
    3/13/2013 8:46:17 PM InControl_WP7 TRACE: Exiting HSEvent
    3/13/2013 8:46:29 PM InControl_WP7 TRACE: Exiting HSEvent
    3/13/2013 8:46:29 PM InControl_WP7 TRACE: Exiting HSEvent

I connected and hit the refresh in the upper right of the client... looked like it was connecting but nothing in the HS logfile

I could not find where the logfiles for the client are located...

One last thing I am going to try before I call it a night... I have been loggged in with non-admin rights on the table... with try an admin user and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you,

Chris
    Last edited by dcdelong; March 13, 2013, 08:03 PM. Reason: added some debug info

Comment

Thanks to all who put this together...loaded it up this morning and is working very well.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for helping out on the beta and sorry you are running into issues. The "Event" you are seeing in the PI log are just indicated that the PI received an update from HS that an event (some type of system change) occurred on the HS side.

1. I believe you mentioned you have a Windows Phone, is the InControl app working good on that against your HS server?
        2. What type of device is it? Is it a Surface or some other tablet?
        3. About how many devices do you have being displayed in InControl? Any highlight customized ones?
        4. Once you turn on logging on the App (Charms Bar/Settings/Preferences), you should see a button called "App Log", if you click on it, it should open up the log file. Note you do need to restart the App for the logging to start once it has been enabled. I do not yet have much logging in there, but what do you see?
        5. One thing to try, shut down HS, go to your config directory and backup and rename hspi_InControl.ini and/or hspi_InControl_WP7.ini off to a different directory. Restart HS, go to a simple on/off device and enable just that one for InControl. Then try the app. This will help me determine if it is just a specific device type that is not being handled properly by the app.

In the mean time, I am working on a new version of the app that will have additional logging to help debug these types of situations.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
        Happened to have a Win8 tablet dropped on my desk this morning so I thought I would give a shot as I have been using this on a Win7 phone for a bit now. Got the client installed on the tablet and connected to HS. Screen has the "InControl - Test" (Test being the nick name) on the left and "Updated 3/13/2013 8:14 PM" on the right but a completely blank screen. I expected the configured devices and events to show up.... am I missing a step?

Comment

Great to hear!!! How are you finding the response time?

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
          Thanks to all who put this together...loaded it up this morning and is working very well.

Comment

1. I believe you mentioned you have a Windows Phone, is the InControl app working good on that against your HS server?

Have not heard any issues (wife uses it on her phone), will check and edit this post when I can check with her.

2. What type of device is it? Is it a Surface or some other tablet?

It is a Samsung 500T tablet

3. About how many devices do you have being displayed in InControl? Any highlight customized ones?

It is used by my wife on her Windows phone to control the Alarm and garage door. Very few devices. I would say lightly customized.

4. Once you turn on logging on the App (Charms Bar/Settings/Preferences), you should see a button called "App Log", if you click on it, it should open up the log file. Note you do need to restart the App for the logging to start once it has been enabled. I do not yet have much logging in there, but what do you see?

5. One thing to try, shut down HS, go to your config directory and backup and rename hspi_InControl.ini and/or hspi_InControl_WP7.ini off to a different directory. Restart HS, go to a simple on/off device and enable just that one for InControl. Then try the app. This will help me determine if it is just a specific device type that is not being handled properly by the app.

I am out of town this week, will give that a shot over the week-end and report back.

Comment

Got it

Sorry for the wild goose chase... I forgot that I recently changed the port that HS is listening to.... corrected that and am off to the races.

While I was at it I got a Windows8 phone (HTC 8X) and loaded the client on it as well.

Also works well. Will continue to play/test and report if I see anything.

Thank you,

chris

Comment

Chris,

No issues at all, glad it was a simple fix.....let me know how it goes.......

Thanks!!

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                Sorry for the wild goose chase... I forgot that I recently changed the port that HS is listening to.... corrected that and am off to the races.

While I was at it I got a Windows8 phone (HTC 8X) and loaded the client on it as well.

Also works well. Will continue to play/test and report if I see anything.

Thank you,

chris

Comment

Works great

Just installed the beta.
                  I love how you make use of the metro interface. Pinning and zooming works great and also I have a fast response time.

Thank you!

Comment

Love it.
                    As a development it would be nice to arrange what is where when it fires up!

Comment

Some of my custom icons arent showing up under the windows 8 interface however they do show up on my windows phone 7.8. Not sure why or what to check.
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

As it stands now the Windows 8 App Beta is pulling them from the same directory as the Windows Phone (for example)

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\InControl\wp7_custom\incontrol
                        C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\InControl\wp7_custom\incontrol_tiles

Verify that the file is still in the directory and associated with the status. You may want to also try copying the template temporarily to a new custom image and select that one as one of your status'.

Let me know how you end up. Thanks!

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                        Some of my custom icons arent showing up under the windows 8 interface however they do show up on my windows phone 7.8. Not sure why or what to check.

Comment

Tried showing the template and that didnt work, also tried a copy of the template and that wouldnt show either.
                          I attached two costom icons, it will show the pool one on both my phone and windows 8, however the humidity one will only show on my phone.
                          Attached Files
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
                          X