HTPC integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTPC integration

At the moment we are using InControl on two windows 7 phones and two Windows 8 laptops.
    I really like the consistent user experience troughout these different devices.
    This made me think it would be ideal to have this kind of experience from the HTPC.
    At the moment I am running Windows Mediacenter and serveral extenders, and use the last available Mediacenter Plugin to control Homeseer trough Mediacenter.
    Since Microsoft stopped developing MCE and sooner or later we al properbly going to switch to XBMC I was wondering if you happen to have plans to create a XBMC plugin.
    InControl has the ideal look and feel for the bigscreen if you ask me, and could be a really popular XBMC add-on.

kind regards,

Martijn Verheijen
    The Netherlands.

Martijn,

Yes, we do have a plugin for SageTV (www.sage.tv) which works very well on a large screen. Unfortunately, Sage's status is unknown as Google purchased them a few years back.

I will take a look at XBMC......

All,

Just curious, anyone else out there interested in an XBMC?

Michael

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
    At the moment we are using InControl on two windows 7 phones and two Windows 8 laptops.
    I really like the consistent user experience troughout these different devices.
    This made me think it would be ideal to have this kind of experience from the HTPC.
    At the moment I am running Windows Mediacenter and serveral extenders, and use the last available Mediacenter Plugin to control Homeseer trough Mediacenter.
    Since Microsoft stopped developing MCE and sooner or later we al properbly going to switch to XBMC I was wondering if you happen to have plans to create a XBMC plugin.
    InControl has the ideal look and feel for the bigscreen if you ask me, and could be a really popular XBMC add-on.

kind regards,

Martijn Verheijen
    The Netherlands.

Comment

HTPC integration

XBMC is now that cadillac of HTPC's in my opinion. User friendly and flexible for just about any need.

Comment

Originally posted by lamanmi View Post

All,

Just curious, anyone else out there interested in an XBMC?

Michael
        Michael, thanks for your response, and very cool that you are willing to look in to it. XBMC is gaining a lot of momentum and will be the HTPC software of everyone's choice in the future now it also supports live tv.
        I am not sure if XBMC/Homeseer users are able to find this thread since it has a generic title and resides in the "Incontrol for Windows Phone" Section. Would it be an idea to poll the intrest from a Section that fits the subject beter like "Television Interface Plug-ins?"
        Are you going to start a poll there or do you want me to do it?

thanks again..

Martijn.

Comment

Working...
        X